IP Change - Dead Ports &/or addresses

Queries, errors or glitches regarding Member facilities
Aaphid

IP Change - Dead Ports &/or addresses

Post by Aaphid » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:18 pm

Has anybody else had this experience?

We get 30 free ip changes per year. But on close to half the times that I make a change my service goes completely dead. Usually this means going back and forth with Exetel support as they do various things. One support member told me that there are some ip addresses that are blocked. They may be blocked due to an deactivated account or other reason. These ip addresses still get released back into the pool even though they aren't working. They said that if this happens call Exetel and tell them that I have just requested a new address and ask for them to reassign a new ip address. Some staff will do this, others are reluctant to.

All in all though the process is unreliable and time consuming when things go wrong. Is Exetel aware of this? Is there a different reason for why this might be happening so much?

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: IP Change - Dead Ports &/or addresses

Post by KavindaS » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:12 pm

Aaphid wrote:
All in all though the process is unreliable and time consuming when things go wrong. Is Exetel aware of this? Is there a different reason for why this might be happening so much?
There was system glitch when assigning IPs for some services. This has been been resolved by our Developing team. Apologies for the inconvenience caused. Please let us know if you get similar issues in future for further check on this. Your reference number is 8003968.

Aphid

Post by Aphid » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:25 am

Hi Kavinda

I don't change ip addresses very often but this morning I did. After waiting 5 mins and rebooting the modem I found that VoIP was working fine but there was no internet.

I called the support desk and had them reset the ip address again and all is well.

So,
1. there still are some addresses being put back into the pool that are not working correctly.
2. A tip for other users, don't change ip addresses outside of support hours if you want to have Exetel change the address again for you if the need arises.

stevecJ
Forum Admin

Post by stevecJ » Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:27 pm

Aphid wrote:Hi Kavinda

I don't change ip addresses very often but this morning I did. After waiting 5 mins and rebooting the modem I found that VoIP was working fine but there was no internet.

I called the support desk and had them reset the ip address again and all is well.

So,
1. there still are some addresses being put back into the pool that are not working correctly.
2. A tip for other users, don't change ip addresses outside of support hours if you want to have Exetel change the address again for you if the need arises.
HI,

Thank you for the valuable feed back and we'll prompt the relevant department with regards to this.
To Log a fault ticket, please click click here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

=================
Exetel Support Portal
=================

ymo

Post by ymo » Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:04 pm

We get 30 free ip changes per year.
Not quite...

https://www.exetel.com.au/myexetel/serv ... e_details/.......

Conditions For IP Change Request

The first thirty change requests are not charged.
The thirty-first and subsequent change charge is $20.00.
I agree to pay to change my IP after the thirtieth time.
I agree to this fee being debited to my credit card/bank account at the time I submit this request.