Page 1 of 1

Usage Meter vs Monthly usage

Posted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:35 am
by oldie1954
I can't remember why there was a change, IIRC, it used to be the same as the billing month. But there's a difference between the amount used on the "Dashboard meter" and the actual usage for the month. I never took any notice before, but since I was leaving Exetel, I though I should check data usage for "pro-rata" purposes.

I have an indicated usage of 34GB (since 14th June), but my usage is 80GB (1st - 27th June).

Which is the usage WRT to monthly quota?

If it's the later, I could without knowing, download another 20GB and be shaped.

Re: Usage Meter vs Monthly usage

Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:59 am
by angelos
oldie1954 wrote:I can't remember why there was a change, IIRC, it used to be the same as the billing month. But there's a difference between the amount used on the "Dashboard meter" and the actual usage for the month. I never took any notice before, but since I was leaving Exetel, I though I should check data usage for "pro-rata" purposes.

I have an indicated usage of 34GB (since 14th June), but my usage is 80GB (1st - 27th June).

Which is the usage WRT to monthly quota?

If it's the later, I could without knowing, download another 20GB and be shaped.
Your monthly usage is calculated from the 14th to the 13th of each month. Thus the first is the correct usage reading if it says since 14th June...

Re: Usage Meter vs Monthly usage

Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:54 pm
by oldie1954
angelos wrote:Your monthly usage is calculated from the 14th to the 13th of each month. Thus the first is the correct usage reading if it says since 14th June...
OK, thanks for the answer.

Any idea why it was changed?

Why does the "Dashboard" still show usage month by month?

Re: Usage Meter vs Monthly usage

Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:48 pm
by angelos
oldie1954 wrote:
angelos wrote:Your monthly usage is calculated from the 14th to the 13th of each month. Thus the first is the correct usage reading if it says since 14th June...
OK, thanks for the answer.

Any idea why it was changed?

Why does the "Dashboard" still show usage month by month?
The change was made sometime last year as a decision made by the management.

The dashboard shows the usage on a monthly basis but the calculation as you can see states when the period.