FAX Via Email

'Fax to Email' and 'Email to Fax' services
bossbc

Post by bossbc » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:23 pm

a great idea. i was just about to get one elsewhere, but i'll now wait and see what exetel can provide.

ottyacat

Post by ottyacat » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:03 pm

Another big thumbs up from me, would use this service without hesitation especially if the prices are as low as what FA has suggested.

Dr_Snapid

Post by Dr_Snapid » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:29 pm

I'm a user of Mbox. i would change to exetels fax service if they offer it
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

mrsa

Post by mrsa » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:48 pm

I don't fax much, but it sure would be handy if Exetel provides this service.

TurboC

International Faxes

Post by TurboC » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:50 pm

I occasionally send faxes overseas. What would the cost for this be?

tomcinoz

Post by tomcinoz » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:04 pm

Being able to send and receive a fax through broadband would be very handy. When I do have to send a fax, currently through Apache software, I do like to be able to see my software getting a status report for line connection and fax progress through to the final acceptance OK. I know this sounds a bit precious but sometimes I’ve had a great deal riding on a faxed document being sent. Will the new system be able to verify transmission in a similar way?
I don't send a large number of faxes during the year, so I suppose this service would be of more interest to small and medium sized companies. With all the new equipment at Exetel's disposal that can provide a plethora (thankyou El Gwopo) of online services I hope that the cost factors to maintain the services does not become an economic burden.

ForumAdmin

Re: International Faxes

Post by ForumAdmin » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:17 pm

TurboC wrote:I occasionally send faxes overseas. What would the cost for this be?
2 - 3 cents.

Bamster

Post by Bamster » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:34 pm

I'll weigh in just to add my support for the idea. It sure beats dusting off my dial-up modem for the odd-angry fax. I would personally prefer Pay-per-use (rather than a monthly fee). As for the Receive number, I'd be happy have my voice/ADSL number mapped for this purpose rather than having a dedicated number assigned.

ludditetechnologies

Go Exetel, keep em coming

Post by ludditetechnologies » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:53 pm

Faxhoy!

smoky

Re: FAX Via Email

Post by smoky » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:09 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:The ability to send SMS from an Exetel broadband connection has been enthusiastically taken up by many customers and we will continue to add to and refine the features and functions of that service.

We are considering adding the ability to send and receive Faxes using the Exetel broadband services and any suggestions/requirements from current users will, as always, be welcomed before we release the test version of this new facility.

The cost would likely be around 2 cents per fax sent.

This sounds great, will beat my current rate for sending faxes, but don't use SMS, too fiddly, but if this isn't too fiddly, who knows, may even give it a go... :D
Eagles may fly, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines

moldor

Email / Fax Gateway

Post by moldor » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:14 pm

OK - a great idea....

Considerations:

1. Incoming fax number (extra DID ?? small charge)
2. Group Faxing (sending to a list of numbers)
3. How would you control "fax spam" ??

Just to think about

Mort

Post by Mort » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:17 pm

I currently have two phone lines just to support a fax line, so being able to kill off that line would be great. As long as any fee for an allocated incming fax number is comparable to mbox et al and less than the monthly line charge then I'd be really keen on this.
As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

bigditty

yep

Post by bigditty » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:28 pm

This would be super handy. Wouldn't use it often, but would definately use it!

:D

austdata

Post by austdata » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:32 pm

Mort wrote:I currently have two phone lines ......
Hmm, have you thought of getting two ADSL accounts and linking them? :wink: Nettcomm make what looks like an in-line device that does that.

Cheers,

Mike

dalob

Post by dalob » Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:39 am

Fantastic idea. I have been looking for a service like this for a while and would definately use it.