Trial Version Available In User Facilities

'Fax to Email' and 'Email to Fax' services
James D

Post by James D » Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:21 am

TrentG wrote:took up to 3 minutes to receive and then ended with a communications error.
Ok we have been through all of the logs this morning and can see that the system reports back that the Fax was sent ok.

Does your fax machine give any further details back as to the error?

sable

Re: having trouble

Post by sable » Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:05 am

sable wrote:registered an email address with password
sent email to faxno@fax.exemail with the password in the subject line and a pdf attached.
Fax is not delivered, get email back advising "failed authentication"

Disabled the email address so that I could reenter the password, appeared not to work as then tried to re-register the address - says already registered

bt
Still cannot disable the address, tried another email and again got rejected as failed authentication.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:59 am

sable wrote:
sable wrote:registered an email address with password
sent email to faxno@fax.exemail with the password in the subject line and a pdf attached.
Fax is not delivered, get email back advising "failed authentication"

Disabled the email address so that I could reenter the password, appeared not to work as then tried to re-register the address - says already registered

bt
Still cannot disable the address, tried another email and again got rejected as failed authentication.
I've asked for a sysadmin to contact you.

fredbucket

Post by fredbucket » Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:06 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:
sable wrote: Still cannot disable the address, tried another email and again got rejected as failed authentication.
I've asked for a sysadmin to contact you.
I have the same problem....

Regards
Fred

William M

Post by William M » Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:12 pm

Sable and fredbucket can you please PM me the email addresses that you've used to send the faxes

Thanks Will

mikesander

Post by mikesander » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:18 pm

I need to send a couple of overseas faxes - so this is perfect.

What would be the overseas charges - i guess it would be the length of the call? Would it be a wireline or VoIP rates? or not quite sure yet.

Thanks
Mike

austdata

Post by austdata » Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:39 pm

mikesander wrote:I need to send a couple of overseas faxes - so this is perfect.

What would be the overseas charges - i guess it would be the length of the call? Would it be a wireline or VoIP rates? or not quite sure yet.

Thanks
Mike
Hmm, good question Mike and what do local faxes cost too?

Cheers,

Mike

trev

Post by trev » Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:43 pm

austdata wrote: Hmm, good question Mike and what do local faxes cost too?
Forum Admin stated in the other thread in this forum that
I doubt it will be more than 3 cents and more likely closer to 2 cents.
Damn cheap iow :)

austdata

Post by austdata » Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:18 pm

trev wrote:
austdata wrote: Hmm, good question Mike and what do local faxes cost too?
Forum Admin stated in the other thread in this forum that
I doubt it will be more than 3 cents and more likely closer to 2 cents.
Damn cheap iow :)
Thanks Trev,
I thought I'd seen it but wasn't sure if it was SMS or Fax. Or even a little oldtimers decrease creeping in. :oops:

Cheers,

Mike

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:52 am

mikesander wrote:I need to send a couple of overseas faxes - so this is perfect.

Thanks
Mike
It would be the VoIP rate - assuming we can sort the bugs out of the trial service.

The problems some people are experiencing are caused by the fact that there is almost no software any where in the world that we can find that sends FAX via SIP so we've 'constructed' the service oursleves.

We will continue to work on this issue so that any customer with any set up can send a fax without making any 'adjustments' to their set up.

mattski

Post by mattski » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:35 pm

I was pleased to find this function in the user facilities, and thought I'd spend a while trying it this morning. I've sent a number of email2faxes with varying degrees of success. I've only skimmed through these threads, so sorry if these points have already been raised...

The first couple I sent at around 9am were not delivered though I later received failure notification by email. Later faxes were delivered, no-problem. Multi-page pdfs delivered, no problem also.

Out of interest, I tried attaching 2 pdfs to the one email: Only one of the attached files was delivered.

Does anyone know whether this works with multiple recipients?... To/CC/BCC? I haven't been able to try it myself, but it would certainly be useful (to me) if it works.

I have a couple of requests/suggestions...
  • If a number of email2faxes have been sent and 1 fails, from the emailed delivery failure notification it is not possible to identify which. Please can the emailed delivery failure notifications contain some more information so that the failed address can be identified.
  • When it didn't work for me initially (before I read these threads) I was left wandering whether the I needed the +612 instead of 02 for the fax number. Please can you make it clear on the Email2Fax Registration page the required format of the fax number.
I expect to make good use of this facility.
Cheers, Matt.

Edit: ... and just received email confirmation of successful delivery "Fax Successfully sent to 0299... " of 3 of the 6 I've successfully sent and received this morning. The other 3, sent from a different registered email address, have not yet been confirmed as received.

William M

Post by William M » Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:25 pm

Hi Matt,

We will add more information in regards to failed delivery and the whole email 2 fax. We will hopefully, from the testing conducted have questions that we shall be able to create a FAQ similar to the one for SMS.

You are only allowed one attachment for email2fax. The service will also work with multiple recipients.

Thank you for you input.

Thanks Will

William M

Post by William M » Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:45 pm

mattski can you PM me the email addresses you've used?

mattski

Post by mattski » Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:58 pm

Will,
Done.
Cheers, Matt.

William M

Post by William M » Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:22 pm

Hi Mattski,

The notices were not received as modifications were made to the script.

If you test the service now you will get all notifications.

Thanks Will