How do you receive a fax message from a fax machine ?

'Fax to Email' and 'Email to Fax' services
phsullivan

How do you receive a fax message from a fax machine ?

Post by phsullivan » Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:22 pm

Obviously with this new service I can send a fax message to a fax machine, but how do I Receive a fax from a friend who has a Fax machine??

Klaas

Post by Klaas » Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:27 pm

It's not set up to do that yet, as it's still in trial mode.

When it is set up to receive, you'll need to get a virtual fax number for the service, and there will be a monthly charge for the number.

austdata

Post by austdata » Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:02 pm

Klaas wrote:It's not set up to do that yet, as it's still in trial mode.

When it is set up to receive, you'll need to get a virtual fax number for the service, and there will be a monthly charge for the number.
G'day Klaas,
In this post WilliamM seems to suggest that there wont be a Fax to E-mail service.

Could you please clarify this please?

Cheers,

Mike

Klaas

Post by Klaas » Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:49 am

austdata wrote:
Klaas wrote:It's not set up to do that yet, as it's still in trial mode.

G'day Klaas,
In this post WilliamM seems to suggest that there wont be a Fax to E-mail service.

Could you please clarify this please?

Cheers,

Mike
William will know better than I do - he works for Exetel, and I don't :)

My reply was based on some posts made in the early days, when ForumAdmin was seeking opinions on this service in this thread.

Swish

Post by Swish » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:11 pm

I would really hope there is a receive fax to email version for this service, as I would want to get rid of my crappy old fax machine 'totally'... so sendings cool...but incoming is very important to me as well, so I would hope there will be a fax ---> to email version soon !!! (my 2 bits) :p

hornet48

Post by hornet48 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:18 pm

Swish wrote:I would really hope there is a receive fax to email version for this service,
Ditto

Gidget
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Gidget » Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:23 am

I use a dial-up modem card (appropriately filtered) in my computer with fax software and receive faxes perfectly happily on that - have done so for years :D

Gidget
Log a fault ticket here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal

antonio

fax in service

Post by antonio » Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:11 am

I am using Mbox faxin, to receive faxes as email attachments- however I would like to consolidate my services.

The sooner we are rid of Fax machines, the better.
I tried the dial up modem approach with windows xp, and it looks good in theory-however at the critical time-windows would jam!

Also if we move to the new ADSL2 naked system, I would think this would no longer be an option and the 56K modems will be down the tip along side fax machines?

The next exetel target should be:
A mobile adsl 2 system with mobile voip phone and email.

The way of the future.

William M

Post by William M » Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:21 pm

Hi,

At the moment there is no plans for a Fax to Email service so I cannot confirm/deny that one is going to be offered. If I were to say, one would be offered and in turn one wasn't I'm sure this would cause confusion and dissatisfaction to some. At this moment, I am not aware of any implementation date. Should it be planned/scheduled in the future, I'm sure notification will be given through the forum and all will be advised.

Thanks Will