Production Version

'Fax to Email' and 'Email to Fax' services
ForumAdmin
Posts: 3663
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:31 pm
Location: Sydney

Production Version

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:04 pm

We have now installed the production version of the fax via email service and will be billing for faxes from 1st December 2007.

The cost will be 3 cents per fax (for faxes up to ten pages).

Please let us know what you experience in using this new service and any further enhancements you would like.

xavster
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 11:51 pm

Post by xavster » Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:42 pm

this is a really good idea!

keep up the good work.

ashley7070
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:58 am

Post by ashley7070 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:37 pm

Will international fax be supported?

danmac
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:19 pm
Location: Sydney

Post by danmac » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:42 pm

Is this a fax from email service, or can we get a fax to our email (ie people fax to a number, and the fax is converted to a pds and emailed to us)?

Getsmart
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:54 pm
Location: Campbelltown

Post by Getsmart » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:53 pm

I am hoping I can divert my fax number to exetel so they can sent it to me via email. Same as a Digital Fax Service, this would be great.

duk
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:46 am
Location: VIC
Contact:

Post by duk » Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:45 am

danmac wrote:Is this a fax from email service, or can we get a fax to our email (ie people fax to a number, and the fax is converted to a pds and emailed to us)?
Fax to Email. You email the document to be faxed as PDF attachment and the Exetel service will deliver it a fax machine.

Clint
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:48 pm

What's the cost for sending more than 10 pages...

Post by Clint » Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:00 am

my faxes are often around 60 pages

sh0nky
Posts: 143
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:09 pm
Location: Bankstown/Cronulla

Post by sh0nky » Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:22 am

Have Exeunwired users been left out again?...How do we use this service when it is still not in our user facilities??? Same happened when SMS started...
Hard work never killed anyone ..but im not taking any chances :)

ForumAdmin
Posts: 3663
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:31 pm
Location: Sydney

Post by ForumAdmin » Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:40 am

ashley7070 wrote:Will international fax be supported?
Yes - as a timed call at the international rates.

ForumAdmin
Posts: 3663
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:31 pm
Location: Sydney

Post by ForumAdmin » Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:41 am

danmac wrote:Is this a fax from email service, or can we get a fax to our email (ie people fax to a number, and the fax is converted to a pds and emailed to us)?
It's a fax out only service for the foreseeable future.

ForumAdmin
Posts: 3663
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:31 pm
Location: Sydney

Post by ForumAdmin » Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:42 am

sh0nky wrote:Have Exeunwired users been left out again?...How do we use this service when it is still not in our user facilities??? Same happened when SMS started...
It will be added by COB today.

ForumAdmin
Posts: 3663
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:31 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: What's the cost for sending more than 10 pages...

Post by ForumAdmin » Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:43 am

Clint wrote:my faxes are often around 60 pages
Faxes longer than 10 pages will be a timed call.

sh0nky
Posts: 143
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:09 pm
Location: Bankstown/Cronulla

Post by sh0nky » Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:05 am

ForumAdmin wrote:
sh0nky wrote:Have Exeunwired users been left out again?...How do we use this service when it is still not in our user facilities??? Same happened when SMS started...
It will be added by COB today.
thankyou :)
Hard work never killed anyone ..but im not taking any chances :)

raywil
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 7:41 am
Location: Richmond, Vic

Fax status "FAILED"

Post by raywil » Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:14 am

I've tried sending a few test faxes, but they all fail. Should I be getting an email back as to why they failed? (Tried .DOC .PDF and message body text) The attempts do appear in the user facilities.

Great Idea, looking forward to getting it to work

ForumAdmin
Posts: 3663
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:31 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Fax status "FAILED"

Post by ForumAdmin » Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:55 am

raywil wrote:I've tried sending a few test faxes, but they all fail. Should I be getting an email back as to why they failed? (Tried .DOC .PDF and message body text) The attempts do appear in the user facilities.

Great Idea, looking forward to getting it to work
Please email:

williamm@exetel.com.au

with the details and a contact number.

Post Reply