Production Version

'Fax to Email' and 'Email to Fax' services
lkml

Fax by email

Post by lkml » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:27 am

Hi,

Come here from a link of the email sent out by Exetel.

I think it would be helpful if you post an OPERATION procedure in this link. I guest it is mentioned somewhere here, but would help for new user if you have it located in one sport.

My question is

1. if I dial to local number xxxxxxxx, should I put xxxxxxxx or 612xxxxxxxx?

2. Send to where?

3. What kind of response would we receive from exetel?

4. how do we know if the fax was rejected or received by the other end?

5. The acceptable format of the main and attachments?

Thanks

lkml

Post by lkml » Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:13 pm

Ok,

Found the details in the user page.

But would still suggest to put a bit more here for new users.

:-)

Graham C

Post by Graham C » Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:03 pm

I tested the service again about half an hour ago and it didn't work (No fax or email notification received).

raymond
Exetel Staff

Post by raymond » Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:12 pm

Bundy wrote:I tested the service again about half an hour ago and it didn't work (No fax or email notification received).
We are looking it now.

raymond
Exetel Staff

Post by raymond » Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:03 pm

Bundy wrote:I tested the service again about half an hour ago and it didn't work (No fax or email notification received).
I can see all the faxes have been processed. Can you send an email to raymondl@exetel.com.au with your service number?

William M

Post by William M » Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:42 pm

sh0nky wrote:
ForumAdmin wrote:
sh0nky wrote:Have Exeunwired users been left out again?...How do we use this service when it is still not in our user facilities??? Same happened when SMS started...
It will be added by COB today.
thankyou :)
This feature has been added for Wireless users.

I hope to see faxes sent through sh0nky. :)

adaptablecomputers

What about SHDSL???

Post by adaptablecomputers » Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:49 pm

Will this service be available to SHDSL customers as well?
If so when will this be happening?
Currently it is not available in the members section like it is with ADSL services.

raymond
Exetel Staff

Re: What about SHDSL???

Post by raymond » Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:52 pm

adaptablecomputers wrote:Will this service be available to SHDSL customers as well?
If so when will this be happening?
Currently it is not available in the members section like it is with ADSL services.
It will be available for all customers shortly.

William M

Post by William M » Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:54 pm

Hi Bundy,

I cannot find any record of a fax being sent from your account. Have you registered your account under a different service?

Thanks Will

wurzel

Post by wurzel » Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:07 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:
ashley7070 wrote:Will international fax be supported?
Yes - as a timed call at the international rates.
What "international" rates? Same as the VOIP rates (http://www.exetel.com.au/voip_pricelist.php) or same as if it were just sent via a standard fax on PSTN?

Utku

Post by Utku » Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:12 pm

Hello,

Can someone who is an representative from Exetel elaborate on international faxes please. I know it will be timed, but how much the faxes will be billed per second if for instance someone made an attempt to send an international fax.

I assume Exetel can provide us with ideal pricing.

Regards,

Utku. :)
“To me there has never been a higher source of earthly honor or distinction than that connected with advances in science.”

Isaac Newton

raymond
Exetel Staff

Post by raymond » Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:48 am

Utku wrote:Hello,

Can someone who is an representative from Exetel elaborate on international faxes please. I know it will be timed, but how much the faxes will be billed per second if for instance someone made an attempt to send an international fax.

I assume Exetel can provide us with ideal pricing.

Regards,

Utku. :)

International FAX will be billed by per minute.

The rates will be same as VOIP rates below.
http://www.exetel.com.au/voip_pricelist.php

Utku

Post by Utku » Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:46 pm

Hi,

So this means there won't be a flagfall for international faxes, and they will be billed per minute? The VoIP list portrays they're billed per second, just a little contradiction to be clarified.

Regards,

Utku.
“To me there has never been a higher source of earthly honor or distinction than that connected with advances in science.”

Isaac Newton

raymond
Exetel Staff

Post by raymond » Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:43 pm

Utku wrote:Hi,

So this means there won't be a flagfall for international faxes, and they will be billed per minute? The VoIP list portrays they're billed per second, just a little contradiction to be clarified.

Regards,

Utku.
There is no flagfall for internation faxes at this moment. The billing unit for FAX is minute in the billing system, becase FAX is using totally different system with VOIP.

Graham C

Post by Graham C » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:18 am

William M wrote:
Hi Bundy,

I cannot find any record of a fax being sent from your account. Have you registered your account under a different service?

Thanks Will
Hi, sorry I am only getting back to you about this now.

I cancelled and re-registered (to ensure a correct password) my email on the same account (0248712xxx) as when I tested during the testing phase.

Here is the email:

Code: Select all

Sent: Friday, 30 November 2007 12:27 PM
To: '0248712xxx@fax.exemail.com.au'
Subject: xxxxxx

testing

Regards,

Graham Compagnoni
xxx
xxx
xxx
xxx
This e-mail and any attachment(s) are intended only for the addressee(s).  The information in them is confidential, and may be legally privileged.  If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently remove all copies of this e-mail and any attachment(s) from your computer system.  No confidentiality is waived by any erroneous transmission of this e-mail.
Hopefully I'm just doing something wrong? Can we still send using all of the formats used in testing and without any attachment at all or is it only pdf now?