Fax Problems

'Fax to Email' and 'Email to Fax' services
hamilton.nsw

Fax Problems

Post by hamilton.nsw » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:40 pm

Hey
Ive been trying to send a fax all morning - not working. Its a jpeg file and a pdf file (have been trying to send them separately). I keep getting a message in return that says
Your email to fax request has failed due to failed authentication
Please ensure that you are using the correct password, and correct source email address specified during registration

But the password Im using is right, the email Im using is right, the number Im sending it to is right.

Any ideas?

William M

Post by William M » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:51 pm

As the message states your failing authentication.

On each occasion, 5-6 times, you have failed due to the wrong password even though the email is right or wrong email address with the password for the other email address being used.

If you check the your user facilities on the link below you will find the email address to send from and as well the password. Do not include " marks or Re: within your password. Only provide the password within the subject line.

https://www.exetel.com.au/members/fax_e ... ink=link15

Thanks Will.

William M

Post by William M » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:06 pm

Hi,

You've just sent the fax through from the wrong email address again. You don't have the email address that your using registered.

Cheers Will.

hamilton.nsw

Post by hamilton.nsw » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:12 pm

This is very confusing. I sent it from my uni address - which is the registered address - I copied all the info from the registration page...

William M

Post by William M » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:18 pm

It's coming through your gmail account which you registered yesterday, but have since disabled.

So I'm assuming your are using your gmail account to send through the fax but selecting your uni email address from the drop-down menu to give the impression that it has been sent from your uni account though the headers within the email would specify that it originated from your gmail account.

So you can either register you gmail account again, or send the email from you uni webmail interface.

Cheers Will