"From" Fax Number

'Fax to Email' and 'Email to Fax' services
peterh_oz

"From" Fax Number

Post by peterh_oz » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:19 am

Could it be made possible to enter into our registreation details a "from" fax number. This would replace the current "From Email to Fax Solution". Maybe it could be saved in the "from email" screen, or in the subject after the password (eg after a comma) so that customers with multiple email addresses from which they send could nominate different fax numbers for reply (eg for different offices).

As faxes are sent without a cover page (unless you include one with your PDF) this would make the fax2email service much more business-friendly (and non-business too, for those who either have a fax machine or who subscribe to the fax2email service).

BTW suggestion for people sending faxes is to use an Email Template with everything except the "to" number saved (ie save the @fax.exemail.com.au and also your password in the subject). Very easy in Thunderbird and likely just as easy in Outlook or Yahoo or Hotmail or whatever!

Cheers

danielc

Re: "From" Fax Number

Post by danielc » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:49 pm

Hi Peter,

I've had a brief look into the fax software, and it appears, in principle at least, that we should be able to allow individual users to alter the string sent (known as the TSI) - the actual software does not want to co-operate at this point. If I can massage it to the point where it will actually do what it's supposed to, then there is no reason that we couldn't add this feature.

I'll keep trying and get back here if I have any luck.

Regards,
Daniel C

peterh_oz

Post by peterh_oz » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 am

Great thank you

kunz

Post by kunz » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:17 am

G'Day danielc,

Just wondering if you have had gotten this to work.. It certainly would make your Fax via Email solution more "business-friendly" as the OP pointed out.

Thanks a bunch

William M

Post by William M » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:37 am

Hi kunz,

Unfortunately, even though our fax software does indicate that it is possible to alter and customise in theory when applied in practice the result has been to the contrary.
We do have some alternatives planned at the moment, though currently we don't have an ETA.

Cheers Will

msk14

Post by msk14 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:27 pm

+1 for 'from' number

austdata

Post by austdata » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:47 pm

Agreed, this would be very useful for me too.

Cheers,

Mike
The views I present here are not necessarily those from my brain.
Exetel's support number outside Sydney: 1300 788 141 NOTE: I do not work for Exetel.

danny6167

Post by danny6167 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:51 pm

Was any progress ever made on this? Would love to see customized from fields or at least a blank field when i send a fax to some one as the words "exetel" appearing the int header of the fax can confuse people.

bilal

Post by bilal » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:27 pm

+1 "from". It's really wierd if a different number (or "IAXModem") is on the fax header.

JamesR

Post by JamesR » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:13 pm

I'd definitely see great use if this was to be implemented in the email to fax system also.
Regards,

JamesR
Customer since 2005

William M

Post by William M » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:06 am

Hi All,

Unfortunately as mentioned previously by Daniel C, against what is documented, the configuration settings put in place to facilitate this function are not adhered to by the fax platform and basically ignored and sent through as what you all see now.
While multiple methods have been explored, none have provided the answer.

At this stage we're looking at potential workarounds but nothing fruitful as of yet.

Cheers Will

harryL

Post by harryL » Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:50 pm

Any update on this?

My preferences would be to replace "from Exetel email to Fax" with:

1. My exetel fax DID
2. My email address
3. "Email to Fax"; or
4. Nothing.

The rest of the Header is OK - date, time and page number, etc....

H.

William M

Post by William M » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:18 am

Hi,

Unfortunately, no progress on this as there are no alternative feasible options to add this feature.

Cheers Will

bilal

Post by bilal » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:57 am

William M wrote:Hi,

Unfortunately, no progress on this as there are no alternative feasible options to add this feature.

Cheers Will
Just curious... any possibility of knowing what kind of system is employed to handle the faxes? I notice we had iaxmodem before, so that would deal with interfacing a "fax modem" to the telephony interface card.

I guess what's left is the e-mail gateway and faxing software.

I think headers printed onto a fax on the other end use some fax header details sent by the modems to each other, which would be a parameter set somehow from the iaxmodem end...?