Email2Fax - Confirmation problem

'Fax to Email' and 'Email to Fax' services
TassieDevil

Email2Fax - Confirmation problem

Post by TassieDevil » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:56 am

Hi,

Just created an email address to be able to use this feature (never used it before).

Downloaded & read the PDF instructions. Tried to send a fax (no attachment, just message body). The email seems to have been successfully sent, but my email client doesn't seem to be able to "check" that address for any incoming mail - ie, I'm not going to receive a confirmation if the fax was successful or not.

I couldn't see any instructions on mail client settings (SMTP/POP3) details to be able to check mail on that newly created account. I've currently got it set to the same as all my other addresses (smtp.nsw.exemail.com.au / pop3.nsw.exemail.com.au) but it's failing to log in to the mail server to collect "mail".

"Email2Fax Details" in my user facilities page is not showing that I've sent any faxes.

Do I have to use any other special server details to get the confirmation email after sending a fax, or are the server details the same as for all of my other email addresses ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
TassieDevil

William M

Re: Email2Fax - Confirmation problem

Post by William M » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:33 pm

When you refer to setting up an email address, is the domain name @exetel.com.au, @fax.exemail.com.au or @exemail.com.au?

Cheers Will

TassieDevil

Post by TassieDevil » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:39 pm

As per the instructions, the domain name used to register the address is exemail.com.au

TassieDevil

William M

Post by William M » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:08 pm

OK. Just to clarify where I think you've gone wrong though this maybe not be the case.
The first step is to register the email address that you want to send emails (to be received as faxes) from.
What this means it that you are not making a new email address (jbrown@exemail.com.au) instead you are registering that email address to use for Email To Fax. So jbrown@exemail.com.au should already be "made" and is not discussed in the guide. It is assumed you already own/have the email address jbrown@exemail.com.au.

If you're having issues with the email address itself, Eg. jbrown@exemail.com.au then it isn't related to the Email To Fax service. First make sure you can send from the email address (Eg. jbrown@exemail.com.au) to another email address then I'll ask more questions after.

Cheers Will

TassieDevil

Post by TassieDevil » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:20 pm

Thanks.. got it working.

TassieDevil