Faxes busted again?

'Fax to Email' and 'Email to Fax' services
trk

Faxes busted again?

Post by trk » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:38 pm

G'day,

When I try to ring our fax number (or indeed, try to fax to it as our own fax server has once again s**t itself) I get a lovely lady telling me that calls to the area are 'temporarily congested'.

Its been 'temporarily' congested all day :\

I dont want to sound like I'm having a sook, but it's pretty bad timing to happen at the same time as the price increase is announced is all ;)

William M

Re: Faxes busted again?

Post by William M » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:53 pm

Currently there is no issue with the fax platform.

If you have a specific fault I suggest emailing residentialsupport@exetel.com.au as it cannot be resolved via the forum. If you have indeed already emailed support, then please be patient.

Cheers Will

trk

Post by trk » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:07 pm

It is our fax DID that has the issue... you cant ring it as its 'congested'. Its just bad timing, given that our own fax server connected to our non-Exetel PSTN (which is set to redirect to our Exetel DID in times of trouble) had pooped itself, so our backup was missing when it was actually needed :(

I will email support, since I'm guessing the fax DID is not part of the fax platform based on your post. Cheers.

trk

Post by trk » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:19 am

Just for anyone else having this issue, the reply to my support email was:
We are currently experiencing a problem with the fax server. The issue has been escalated to the network engineers who are looking into the matter.

Currently we have no ETA as to when this will be resolved however we are attempting to resolve it as quickly as possible.
As at right now, the number is dialing again and receiving, though I sent a test fax to it about 10 minutes ago and still dont have an email notifying me of the receipt yet :(

MCCMikey

Post by MCCMikey » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:17 pm

Hard to justify an increase in price on this service given how touchy it is. Have just provisioned two numbers, and as yet no receipt of sent faxes, and no confirmation of faxes sent from my own email-to-fax service to these or my own numbers.

Think I'll have to go back to utbox.

Edit: There appears to have been a one hour delay in the queue for incoming fax emails and acknowledgement emails. Also, note that reception of emails and faxes may be asynchronous - messages might not arrive in the order sent and may have differing headers "Exetel Fax to Email" or "IAXModem"