Email to FAX fails repeatedly

'Fax to Email' and 'Email to Fax' services
Ssebowill

Email to FAX fails repeatedly

Post by Ssebowill » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:14 am

I have tried to send both valid .jpg and .pdf file attachments from two different registered email accounts today and keep getting the following unsucessful error message.

Unfortunately, your Email to Fax request to fax number 02xxxxxxxx on 25-10-2011 at 10:29:17 has failed due to:
- An invalid attachment

One attachment I tried to send was Exetel's own email to fax faq.pdf Is this not valid enough?

Is the service working?

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: Email to FAX fails repeatedly

Post by jokiin » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:02 pm

sounds odd, have you opened a support ticket yet? does sound like something that will need further investigation

stevecJ
Forum Admin

Post by stevecJ » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:05 pm

Ssebowill wrote:I have tried to send both valid .jpg and .pdf file attachments from two different registered email accounts today and keep getting the following unsucessful error message.

Unfortunately, your Email to Fax request to fax number 02xxxxxxxx on 25-10-2011 at 10:29:17 has failed due to:
- An invalid attachment

Is the service working?
I will check on this further and get back to you with an update. Please keep the this ticket number #4537966 for future reference.

One attachment I tried to send was Exetel's own email to fax faq.pdf Is this not valid enough?
Following are the file formats which are supported with the email to fax service.

* .doc (Word Document)
* .gif(Image)
* .jpeg(Image)
* .png(Image)
* .xls(Excel Spreadsheet)
* .ppt(Powerpoint Presentation)
* .pdf(Portable Document Format)
* .html
To Log a fault ticket, please click click here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

=================
Exetel Support Portal
=================

stevecJ
Forum Admin

Post by stevecJ » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:48 pm

stevecJ wrote:
I will check on this further and get back to you with an update. Please keep the this ticket number #4537966 for future reference.
I have checked this with our developers and they have confirmed that currently there is no issues with the service.

This error message may occur due to, an issue with the email client or non standard pdf generators. Is it possible for you to test this with a different email client :?:
To Log a fault ticket, please click click here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

=================
Exetel Support Portal
=================

rex77

Post by rex77 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:57 am

Hi I have the same problem using exeFax 2.0 I send 2 files the same 1 file gets through the second does not, I receive an email saying one successful the other failed
due to invalid attachment yet the are the same .doc file .

result you can only send 1 file at a time. this is been going on for months {there are gremlins in the works}

Rex

ShaminG
Exetel Staff

Post by ShaminG » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:27 pm

Hi I have the same problem using exeFax 2.0 I send 2 files the same 1 file gets through the second does not, I receive an email saying one successful the other failed
due to invalid attachment yet the are the same .doc file .

result you can only send 1 file at a time. this is been going on for months {there are gremlins in the works}

Rex
Could you please forward the 2nd file to shaming@exetel.com.lk, so we can further look into this issue.