Fax DID charges planned needs user pay approach

'Fax to Email' and 'Email to Fax' services
elmura

Fax DID charges planned needs user pay approach

Post by elmura » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:42 am

Rather than have a flat $5.00 monthly charge for incoming faxes to email, I believe a fairer, and better accepted method is to charge per incoming fax in the same manner as Email to Fax outgoing. ie. 10c for first page, 3c per following page.

Like many, I'm sure, paying $60 per year for having the odd fax come in is simply not worth it. However, a user pay approach is acceptable.

If we do cancel our DID, do we still have the ability to send faxes from email?

fallingbackwards

Re: Fax DID charges planned needs user pay approach

Post by fallingbackwards » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:41 am

I would also agree to the above. -- A user pays based on usage for incoming faxes, no doubt the incoming fax is a moribund form of delivery.
As an aside I have what was the free VOIP DID as well for the occasional incoming call, so I have now seen my monthly cost increase by $10 minimum.
Keeping my cost down in these difficult economic times will maintain my "stickiness" to Exetel.

remosha
Exetel Staff

Post by remosha » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:50 pm

elmura wrote:Rather than have a flat $5.00 monthly charge for incoming faxes to email, I believe a fairer, and better accepted method is to charge per incoming fax in the same manner as Email to Fax outgoing. ie. 10c for first page, 3c per following page.

Like many, I'm sure, paying $60 per year for having the odd fax come in is simply not worth it. However, a user pay approach is acceptable.

If we do cancel our DID, do we still have the ability to send faxes from email?
You will need a fax DID to send and receive faxes via email.

sable

Post by sable » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:33 am

Is this new policy to force all email to fax users to have a fax did at $5 per month?

if so it stinks and I believe goes totally against Exetel's philosophy of being a fair and non-ripoff ISP.

udara
Exetel Staff

Post by udara » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:04 am

sable wrote:
Is this new policy to force all email to fax users to have a fax did at $5 per month?

if so it stinks and I believe goes totally against Exetel's philosophy of being a fair and non-ripoff ISP.
Hi sable,

You will need to have a Fax DID at $5 per month only if you are using the "Fax to Email" service (that is to receive faxes), However f you are using the "Email to Fax" service (that is to send faxes), you do not need a Fax DID , you simply only need to register your email address that you will be sending faxes from through your secure members facilities.

I believe that this has always been the case and the resent changes has made no effect to the "Fax to Email" and "Email to Fax" services .
To Log a fault ticket, please click Here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

==============
Exetel Support Portal
==============

vegemitekid

Post by vegemitekid » Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:41 pm

sable wrote:

I would be happy paying a small fee per month or signing up for an annual fee of $10 but agree $5/month seems a huge amount in excess of the cost of providing the service.
Regarding paying for received faxes I believe the idea is probably to recoup the cost of the DID and the software (plus a profit) but at $5/month this appears to be disproportionate to what I would expect these costs to be. Cost per fax received is too difficult to factor in the revenue as the amount of spam faxes received does vary from month to month :roll: .
From memory the fax service was offered as a much cheaper alternative to having a fax machine but at $5/month it wouldn't take too long for the purchase of a new fax machine to pay itself off :lol: .

trev

Post by trev » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:06 pm

I took up the service in January because my current fax died. I have now cancelled my fax DID and bought a replacement fax machine for $99 (or less than 2 years x $5/month).