Web space no longer working

Web hosting, FTP/database access, mirror services and hosted blogs

Web space no longer working

Postby penno2 on Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:55 pm

Hi guys

Some time in the past few days my FTP area on home.exetel.com.au became unusable. I can connect but can't transfer any files or do a file listing, etc. When I access my webspace management screen...

https://www.exetel.com.au/myexetel/free ... space_blog

..it says that I haven't set one up. I have been using it regularly for years, however.

Could someone please take a look and let me know what the problem might be? Login name is fw_penno.

Cheers
Paul
penno2

Re: Web space no longer working

Postby HimaJ on Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:25 pm

Hi Paul,

We will investigate your issue and will update you shortly. We are following up the case via the ticket number - 10817738.
HimaJ
Exetel Staff

Postby ttac on Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:23 pm

I'm having the same problem. Also started on Sunday 15 Jan 2017.
ttac

Postby Kaushalya on Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:04 pm

HimaJ wrote:Hi Paul,

We will investigate your issue and will update you shortly. We are following up the case via the ticket number - 10817738.

This is now fixed and you should be able to see your webspace on 'My Exetel' portal :)
Kaushalya
Exetel Staff

Postby Kaushalya on Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:13 pm

ttac wrote:I'm having the same problem. Also started on Sunday 15 Jan 2017.

Your web space appears to be active from our end but it is not accessible. Please check whether it is configured correctly.

Following links will assist you,
https://www.exetel.com.au/myexetel/free ... ace_blog#0 (Please log in to 'My Exetel' portal to access this)
http://exewiki.exetel.com.au/index.php? ... _a_Website

Your reference 11161739
Kaushalya
Exetel Staff

Postby ttac on Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:16 am

Still not accessible.
Was giving me this message since Saturday:
CaptureFTP.JPG
Since Saturday
CaptureFTP.JPG (21.72 KiB) Viewed 284 times

I just changed the FTP password was getting this:
CaptureFTP2.JPG
Since PW change
CaptureFTP2.JPG (22.55 KiB) Viewed 284 times

Now back to this and it just times out:
CaptureFTP.JPG
Since Saturday
CaptureFTP.JPG (21.72 KiB) Viewed 284 times

The website is fine, just can't access FTP
ttac

Postby stevecJ on Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:03 am

ttac wrote:Still not accessible.
Was giving me this message since Saturday:
CaptureFTP.JPG

I just changed the FTP password was getting this:
CaptureFTP2.JPG

Now back to this and it just times out:
CaptureFTP.JPG

The website is fine, just can't access FTP

Hi ,

We will further look in to this matter and get back to you soon.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused to you with this regard.
To Log a fault ticket, please click click here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

=================
Exetel Support Portal
=================
stevecJ
Forum Admin

Postby penno2 on Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:45 am

Kaushalya wrote:

This is now fixed and you should be able to see your webspace on 'My Exetel' portal :)

Yep it all looks good, thanks Kaushalya :)

Cheers
Paul
penno2

Postby ttac on Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:43 am

FTP is ok now.

Thanks
ttac

Postby smithi on Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:33 pm

Kaushalya wrote:

Hi, I had exactly the same problem, and also found it to be fixed last night, thanks.

However, I'd submitted a detailed report about this to residentialsupport@exetel.com.au on Sunday morning, which I resent on Tuesday morning after receiving no response, not even an acknowledgement of my email. Still no response on Wednesday night.

In my going on 10 years with Exetel, I've never failed to receive a response to support email before - not that I've had any problems worth reporting the last couple of years.

Is this something new? Is email access to residentialsupport@ no longer supported?

Thanks, Ian
smithi

Postby KavindaS on Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:32 pm

smithi wrote:
Kaushalya wrote:

Hi, I had exactly the same problem, and also found it to be fixed last night, thanks.

However, I'd submitted a detailed report about this to residentialsupport@exetel.com.au on Sunday morning, which I resent on Tuesday morning after receiving no response, not even an acknowledgement of my email. Still no response on Wednesday night.

In my going on 10 years with Exetel, I've never failed to receive a response to support email before - not that I've had any problems worth reporting the last couple of years.

Is this something new? Is email access to residentialsupport@ no longer supported?

Thanks, Ian

Hi Ian,
Exetel apologies for the inconvenience may have caused by this. Kindly reply back with your ticket reference (Reference no you have received after sending the email to residentialsupport@exetel.com.au) number and I will check the status of the ticket and let you know.
KavindaS
Forum Admin

Postby smithi on Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:25 am

KavindaS wrote:
smithi wrote:Hi, I had exactly the same problem, and also found it to be fixed last night, thanks.

Thanks, Ian

Hi Ian,
Exetel apologies for the inconvenience may have caused by this. Kindly reply back with your ticket reference (Reference no you have received after sending the email to residentialsupport@exetel.com.au) number and I will check the status of the ticket and let you know.

Kavinda, that's exactly the proiblem: I had no auto-response from either of my emails to residentialsupport@. I've checked mailserver logs here; both were accepted for delivery by an "exetel....protection.outlook.com" server, on Jan 15 01:19:24 and Jan 17 03:38:33 AEDT (UTC+1100). No indication of any response from either an exetel or outlook.com server then or since .. so I have no ticket number.

I can email or PM you detailed mail log entries if it might help track down the problem.

cheers, Ian
smithi

Postby KavindaS on Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:15 pm

smithi wrote:
Kavinda, that's exactly the proiblem: I had no auto-response from either of my emails to residentialsupport@. I've checked mailserver logs here; both were accepted for delivery by an "exetel....protection.outlook.com" server, on Jan 15 01:19:24 and Jan 17 03:38:33 AEDT (UTC+1100). No indication of any response from either an exetel or outlook.com server then or since .. so I have no ticket number.

I can email or PM you detailed mail log entries if it might help track down the problem.

cheers, Ian

It is better you PM me the details. This is definitely a problem as we didn't receive any issues further. If the email have received to our inbox, you should receive an automatic response with a ticket number. PM me the email address that you have sent from and I will check on this.
KavindaS
Forum Admin

Return to Web space, mirror & blog services