Domain Registration Transfer

Web hosting, FTP/database access, mirror services and hosted blogs

Domain Registration Transfer

Postby squeakytown on Mon May 22, 2017 3:44 pm

Hi,

I want to transfer the domain registration to Exetel which is due for renewal next month.
I have access to the manage.opensrs.net settings and can unlock the domain ready for transfer.

If I initiate a Domain Registration transfer under our Exetel account the details show 2 years @ $48.
Is this the cost to transfer and have the domain registered under Exetel for 2 years (includeing 2 years renewal) or is there any additional renewal cost involved?

There is also a field for 'Domain Password (Registry Key or UDAI)'. Do I need to obtain this from the current DOMAIN reseller before transferring?

Dave
squeakytown

Re: Domain Registration Transfer

Postby KavindaS on Mon May 22, 2017 11:45 pm

squeakytown wrote:Hi,

If I initiate a Domain Registration transfer under our Exetel account the details show 2 years @ $48.
Is this the cost to transfer and have the domain registered under Exetel for 2 years (includeing 2 years renewal) or is there any additional renewal cost involved?

Unfortunately the 2 years is not correct to Domain transfer as it is only relevant to the domain registration. I will report this to our developers and correct it there. The renewal will have to complete even you transfer the domain to Exetel, according to the set expire date. Date and information will be emailed to you by our hosting department, once you have placed the domain transfer request through My Exetel portal.

squeakytown wrote:There is also a field for 'Domain Password (Registry Key or UDAI)'. Do I need to obtain this from the current DOMAIN reseller before transferring?

Yes, you need to obtain that from the current domain provider before transferring.
KavindaS
Forum Admin

Postby squeakytown on Tue May 23, 2017 8:29 am

Hi,

Can you please advise the cost for
1) domain transfer
2) domain registration for a .com

Thanks
Dave
squeakytown

Postby natashaf on Tue May 23, 2017 2:25 pm

Hi Dave,

The cost for domain registration for a .com is $48 for a period of 2 years.

In order to confirm the cost for domain transfer, kindly PM the complete domain name so that I can check on the specific cost.

Regards

Natasha
natashaf
Exetel Staff

Postby squeakytown on Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:37 pm

Hi,

Can you please provide an update on the transfer process?

I noticed the 'Domain Registration' service against our Exetel Login has new disappeared.
The bill for $48 has been reversed (which i was advise would happen) as we are going to renew as soon as the transfer completes to Exetel.
The automated link sent to us from hosting@exetel.com.au to approve the transfer at the site https://partnerconsole.net was used and the next button on the page displayed clicked (although there is no confirmation of any action from the site - different browsers tried).

The Domain management site does not indicate any waiting request for transfer?

Dave
squeakytown

Postby KavindaS on Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:34 pm

Can you please provide an update on the transfer process?

I noticed the 'Domain Registration' service against our Exetel Login has new disappeared.
The bill for $48 has been reversed (which i was advise would happen) as we are going to renew as soon as the transfer completes to Exetel.
The automated link sent to us from hosting@exetel.com.au to approve the transfer at the site https://partnerconsole.net was used and the next button on the page displayed clicked (although there is no confirmation of any action from the site - different browsers tried).

The Domain management site does not indicate any waiting request for transfer?

Dave

Hi Dave,

I have checked the domain transfer status and it shows awaiting registry response. We need to further check this with the back-end provider. Could you just forward me the email you have received to smbsupport@exetel.com.au by quoting the hosting ticket number 11634572 ?
KavindaS
Forum Admin

Postby squeakytown on Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:17 pm

Hi,

I sent a copy of the email around 3pm today as requested.

Dave
squeakytown

Postby KavindaS on Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:37 pm

I sent a copy of the email around 3pm today as requested.

Dave

Thanks Dave. We will check and reply to you via the same email thread.
KavindaS
Forum Admin

Return to Web space, mirror & blog services