Mediawiki corrupted

Web hosting, FTP/database access, mirror services and hosted blogs

Mediawiki corrupted

Postby jpurssey on Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:12 pm

Since about Jan 22 my Mediawiki installation on my personal webspace is not working correctly. The webpage body is empty, though on viewing the edit page the source is still there. It seems to have happened about the time the webspace was not available to allow for maintenance.
I tried to attach screenshots but they were too large

The URL is http://home.exetel.com.au/lkk/mw/index.php/Watchkeeping

Can this be repaired?

I think Mediawiki suggests upgrading the Mediawiki version to fix the problem.
John
jpurssey

Re: Mediawiki corrupted

Postby jpurssey on Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:41 am

I have successfully exported all my Mediawiki pages and a sample have been successfully imported to another instance of Mediawiki hosted elsewhere.

So my plan of action is to now attempt to upgrade the corrupted installation from Mediawiki Version 15 to Version 30 as advised by the Mediawiki site and hope that resolves the problem. I have to plan the steps for that today.
John
jpurssey

Postby KavindaS on Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:23 pm

jpurssey wrote:I have successfully exported all my Mediawiki pages and a sample have been successfully imported to another instance of Mediawiki hosted elsewhere.

So my plan of action is to now attempt to upgrade the corrupted installation from Mediawiki Version 15 to Version 30 as advised by the Mediawiki site and hope that resolves the problem. I have to plan the steps for that today.

I have checked your queries with our system administration department and escalated via the ticket number 12633803. They will check and reply to you via the same email thread which I have emailed you.
KavindaS
Forum Admin

Postby jpurssey on Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:44 pm

I have done most of the upgrade to Version 1.27.4, which is the latest LTS version. There appears to be one more step to complete the upgrade and that is to run the upgrade script http://home.exetel.com.au/lkk/mrbrunz/m ... update.php.
However, I get the following message when I try to run it

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /lkk/mrbrunz/maintenance/update.php on this server.
Apache/2.4.10 (Debian) Server at home.exetel.com.au Port 80

I tried changing the permissions of the update.php to 777, but that had no effect. I note that other php I run have 604 permissions.

Could you make the changes to allow me to run update.php. Thanks.
John
jpurssey

Postby KavindaS on Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:00 pm

jpurssey wrote:I have done most of the upgrade to Version 1.27.4, which is the latest LTS version. There appears to be one more step to complete the upgrade and that is to run the upgrade script http://home.exetel.com.au/lkk/mrbrunz/m ... update.php.

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /lkk/mrbrunz/maintenance/update.php on this server.

I tried changing the permissions of the update.php to 777, but that had no effect. I note that other php I run have 604 permissions.

System administrators are still working on this and we will follow up and update ASAP.
KavindaS
Forum Admin

Postby jpurssey on Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:39 pm

I have received this reply.

Hi John,

Apologies for the delayed response.

Currently http://home.exetel.com.au/lkk/mw/index.php/Watchkeeping giving below error.

A database error has occurred. Did you forget to run maintenance/update.php after upgrading? See: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:U ... ate_script
Query: SELECT page_id,page_namespace,page_title,page_restrictions,page_counter,page_is_redirect,page_is_new,page_random,page_touched,page_latest,page_len FROM `mrbpage` WHERE page_namespace = '0' AND page_title = 'Watchkeeping' LIMIT 1
Function: WikiPage::pageData
Error: 1054 Unknown column 'page_counter' in 'field list' (localhost)

It seems like you are trying to upgrade the web application. There many be changes required to do on database to proceed the upgrade.

There are indeed changes required to update the database as I commented above

I have done most of the upgrade to Version 1.27.4, which is the latest LTS version. There appears to be one more step to complete the upgrade and that is to run the upgrade script http://home.exetel.com.au/lkk/mrbrunz/m ... update.php.

Forbidden

As I requested before there is an update script to be run which I cannot do as I do not have a CLI and which I hoped you would run for me. It will change the structure and add entries to upgrade the DB form Version 19 to version 27 (I think I have the correct version numbers now.)
John
jpurssey

Postby KavindaS on Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:10 pm

jpurssey wrote:I have received this reply.

As I requested before there is an update script to be run which I cannot do as I do not have a CLI and which I hoped you would run for me. It will change the structure and add entries to upgrade the DB form Version 19 to version 27 (I think I have the correct version numbers now.)

I have replied you the following via the email tickets.
System administration department has confirmed that they have now updated script for you. Therefore could you please recheck whether it is working or not and reply back to the email with your concerns or the confirmation?
KavindaS
Forum Admin

Return to Web space, mirror & blog services