PHP fault on free web space.

Web hosting, FTP/database access, mirror services and hosted blogs
John Baird

PHP fault on free web space.

Post by John Baird » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:26 pm

The Exetel free web host no longer supports embedded PHP routines on my web pages. In particular a slide show routine.
When selected a new tab opens with the following message:
"Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at hosting@exetel.com.au to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Apache Server at home.exetel.com.au Port 80."

This is the code used to run the slide show: <div vspace="10" align="RIGHT"> <a href="/Travel/Images/Turkey/phpslideshow.php?directory=slideshow&amp;auto=1"
target="HSdynamic">Click Here for Slide Show</a></div>

The web pages occupy just over 89Mb

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: PHP fault on free web space.

Post by KavindaS » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:36 pm

John Baird wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:26 pm
The Exetel free web host no longer supports embedded PHP routines on my web pages. In particular a slide show routine.
When selected a new tab opens with the following message:
"Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at hosting@exetel.com.au to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Apache Server at home.exetel.com.au Port 80."

This is the code used to run the slide show: <div vspace="10" align="RIGHT"> <a href="/Travel/Images/Turkey/phpslideshow.php?directory=slideshow&amp;auto=1"
target="HSdynamic">Click Here for Slide Show</a></div>

The web pages occupy just over 89Mb
Thank you for sharing this information here. Did you inform to our Hosting department ( hosting@exetel.com.au ) as instructed? If so provide the received email ticket reference number and we will further check with our system admins.

John Baird

Post by John Baird » Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:24 pm

My apology,
On reviewing the code associated with the PHP call I realised that in updating the code to be transportable I had omitted some key notation, i.e. ../ in the call to the PHP code.
I still have unresolved issues with my implementation of this code but can declare that the query re server PHP implementation has been resolved.

rehanj
Exetel Staff

Post by rehanj » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:16 pm

John Baird wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:24 pm
My apology,
On reviewing the code associated with the PHP call I realised that in updating the code to be transportable I had omitted some key notation, i.e. ../ in the call to the PHP code.
I still have unresolved issues with my implementation of this code but can declare that the query re server PHP implementation has been resolved.
Thanks for the update, and we are happy to hear that your query has been resolved. Please do let us know if any further assistance is required.