php mail not delivered for paid hosted site

Web hosting, FTP/database access, mirror services and hosted blogs
squeakytown

php mail not delivered for paid hosted site

Post by squeakytown » Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:02 pm

Hi,

I hope you can shed some light on php mails not being delivered when sent from our paid Exetel hosting to our own email domain.
The same php mail is successful from our Test Free home.exetel site with the same script and settings.

Does Exetel have a email 'log' for paid sites for email non-deliveries that may shed some light?

The PHP mail command is successfully executed but the email never arrives.
We are using opencart and just trying to send an inquiry email to the store (our email domain).
Emails sent to other domains are successful.

I have been unable to reproduce the issue with the a test php email copy run as a standalone script.

(I am unable to test smtp mail as none of the potrs 25/495/587 are open for either Paid for Free Exetel) site.

squeakytown

Re: php mail not delivered for paid hosted site

Post by squeakytown » Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:41 pm

Hi,

I have found a 'work around'.
It appears that the email address used in the mail parameters as the sender which is valid when used from the free Exetel site results in not delivered in the paid hosting site. The password is the same for either is correct and is authenticated but the email still was not delivered from the paid hosted site.

I have used a another one of our emails with the same domain and emails are being delivered.

It would still be useful if Exetel could provide the email log for the Paid hosted site.

Dave

kavindip
Exetel Staff

Re: php mail not delivered for paid hosted site

Post by kavindip » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:20 pm

squeakytown wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:02 pm
Hi,

I hope you can shed some light on php mails not being delivered when sent from our paid Exetel hosting to our own email domain.
The same php mail is successful from our Test Free home.exetel site with the same script and settings.

Does Exetel have a email 'log' for paid sites for email non-deliveries that may shed some light?

The PHP mail command is successfully executed but the email never arrives.
We are using opencart and just trying to send an inquiry email to the store (our email domain).
Emails sent to other domains are successful.

I have been unable to reproduce the issue with the a test php email copy run as a standalone script.

(I am unable to test smtp mail as none of the potrs 25/495/587 are open for either Paid for Free Exetel) site.

Please PM us your Service Number or the Customer ID in order to look into your reported issue and assist you with it.