wordpress set up issues

Web hosting, FTP/database access, mirror services and hosted blogs
blackbunny

wordpress set up issues

Post by blackbunny » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:41 pm

troble setting up wordpress

i believe that i have set everything up, however when i go to the install url to enter user and email. after i press install it just hangs, with the logo and a blank page. why?

any help would be apreciated

danielc

Re: wordpress set up issues

Post by danielc » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:11 pm

Hi blackbunny,

The newer versions of wordpress fail to install because their RAM requirements are greater than we allow an individual thread to use on the web hosting box - in short, the box does not have the required resources available.

If you are after blogging software, Exetel have made available http://blogs.exetel.com.au - which can be signed up to from your user facilities. This is a much preferred option, as we find most user-installed blogs end up simply being spam traps.

Regards,
Daniel C

austdata

Post by austdata » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:36 pm

Would he be able to use Soholaunch's Pro Edition? That is, if he's after a CMS or web site builder.

Cheers,

Mike
The views I present here are not necessarily those from my brain.
Exetel's support number outside Sydney: 1300 788 141 NOTE: I do not work for Exetel.

blackbunny

Post by blackbunny » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:48 pm

since exetel has upgraded web servers, can we now run wordpress? as previously the ram requirements were poor

danielc

Post by danielc » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:00 pm

Hi Blackbunny,

Give the installation a shot, and give me a shout if it doesn't work - if it needs more RAM, we may consider raising the limit.

Regards,
Daniel C