New home.exetel.com.au server now available for use

Web hosting, FTP/database access, mirror services and hosted blogs
j reimer

Re: New home.exetel.com.au server now available for use

Post by j reimer » Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:44 pm

I have just transferred my website to the new server. This website currently has one mp3 file. I have already posted a letter to Exetel declaring that there is no copyright material on this mp3 file. Do I have to send the letter again now that the same website has been transferred?
And now a second related question. If in the future I add to my website further mp3 files which also will have no copyright material, do I have to write in again with further declarations?

John Reimer

ajc1

Re: Username after changeover on 22/9

Post by ajc1 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:30 pm

Currently when I load website pages using my FTP program, my Username is a 10 digit phone number and password is one that I have chosen.
After 22/9 will my Username still be the 10 digit phone number or does it become the FTP Login Name which starts with fw_xxx with the password being the one that was automatically generated for me?

ajc1

Re: Amount of Webspace used

Post by ajc1 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:39 pm

After 22/9 will my account provide me with details of how much of my 200Mb webspace that has been used?

SysAdmin

Re: Amount of Webspace used

Post by SysAdmin » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:26 am

ajc1 wrote:After 22/9 will my account provide me with details of how much of my 200Mb webspace that has been used?
Sometime after, yes, that is the plan.

Andrew

SysAdmin

Re: Username after changeover on 22/9

Post by SysAdmin » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:27 am

ajc1 wrote:Currently when I load website pages using my FTP program, my Username is a 10 digit phone number and password is one that I have chosen.
After 22/9 will my Username still be the 10 digit phone number or does it become the FTP Login Name which starts with fw_xxx with the password being the one that was automatically generated for me?
The latter will become your new username/password (ie fw_etc with the autogenerated password).

Andrew

SysAdmin

Post by SysAdmin » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:30 am

j reimer wrote:I have just transferred my website to the new server. This website currently has one mp3 file. I have already posted a letter to Exetel declaring that there is no copyright material on this mp3 file. Do I have to send the letter again now that the same website has been transferred?
I'll be transferring it where I can make a positive match between new and old website. If you've changed the name of your website you'll need to resubmit. If you wish to be paranoid, feel free to resubmit too. :)
And now a second related question. If in the future I add to my website further mp3 files which also will have no copyright material, do I have to write in again with further declarations?
The statement you've made wrt copyrighted material applies to your website in full rather than individual files.

Andrew

SysAdmin

Post by SysAdmin » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:31 am

peterbell wrote:Is there as set time for the change over to the new server?
Post 1pm today.

Andrew