Extracting Files On tthe Server?

Web hosting, FTP/database access, mirror services and hosted blogs
leithant

Extracting Files On tthe Server?

Post by leithant » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:07 pm

Can I upload compressed files to this server and decompress them somehow via ftp or something?

SysAdmin

Re: Extracting Files On tthe Server?

Post by SysAdmin » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:09 pm

leithant wrote:Can I upload compressed files to this server and decompress them somehow via ftp or something?
Not via FTP, no. You'll need to upload your own code to do that.

Andrew

leithant

Post by leithant » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:53 am

Ok I installed a script to extract zip files and it works if the index.php is in the root directory. But if I put it in a subdirectory it won't work. Am I just doing something wrong, or isn't that possible?

SysAdmin

Post by SysAdmin » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:06 am

leithant wrote:Ok I installed a script to extract zip files and it works if the index.php is in the root directory. But if I put it in a subdirectory it won't work. Am I just doing something wrong, or isn't that possible?
You are more than likely doing something wrong. :) Can you PM me with your website details and SN and I'll see if there's anything obvious (this'll be just a quick, rudimentary check).

Andrew

leithant

Post by leithant » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:40 pm

Thanks for that - but I found it was the new permissions setting on the new server - all sorted!
BTW if anyone's interested I tried many unzip scripts, but PHP Unzipper was the only one I found that worked reliably. You can find it here:

http://dimox.in/how-to-extract-the-zip- ... tp-server/

SysAdmin

Post by SysAdmin » Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:15 pm

leithant wrote:Thanks for that - but I found it was the new permissions setting on the new server - all sorted!
That is what I suspected would've been the case. Glad you sorted it out. :)
BTW if anyone's interested I tried many unzip scripts, but PHP Unzipper was the only one I found that worked reliably. You can find it here:

http://dimox.in/how-to-extract-the-zip- ... tp-server/
Thanks for that. I'll put a link in to it.

Andrew