Filezilla Timeouts

Web hosting, FTP/database access, mirror services and hosted blogs
Angelofdeath

Filezilla Timeouts

Post by Angelofdeath » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:04 am

hi there

I am trying to upload my websit to the free webspace however i keep getting timeouts.

i have about 1600 files to upload (about 5mb all up) and after about 100 files i start to get timeout errors and it eventualy locks me out for a few minutes

i have my concurrent connections set to 1 and timeouts set to 120secs can anyone shed some light as to why this is occuring

Angelofdeath

Re: Filezilla Timeouts

Post by Angelofdeath » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:28 pm

**Update**

I have also tried WSftp and an older version of filezilla

there must be a setting that i am missing

austdata

Post by austdata » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:35 pm

I'm not sure about the FTP programs you've listed. I use WinSCP because it can use three different protocols to access web sites. It allows me to select from FTP, sFTP or SCP. FTP works on most but if it works I'll use SCP which I think is the same as the Unix ssh.

Cheers,

Mike
The views I present here are not necessarily those from my brain.
Exetel's support number outside Sydney: 1300 788 141 NOTE: I do not work for Exetel.

SysAdmin

Post by SysAdmin » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:20 am

Angelofdeath wrote:hi there

I am trying to upload my websit to the free webspace however i keep getting timeouts.

i have about 1600 files to upload (about 5mb all up) and after about 100 files i start to get timeout errors and it eventualy locks me out for a few minutes

i have my concurrent connections set to 1 and timeouts set to 120secs can anyone shed some light as to why this is occuring
Is this with the new server? If so, can you provide me with your login name and time of attempted upload and I'll have a look through the logs. Via PM, ofcourse. :)

Andrew

CCCs

Post by CCCs » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:57 am

I had a similar problem using any ftp program (well filezilla and windows ftp and os x ftp ...) with timeouts on ftp to the old server (home.exetel.com.au). I'm not sure if I had the same problem on the new server, but the problem went away when I rebooted my modem (billion 7300G)...

Angelofdeath

Post by Angelofdeath » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:31 pm

just an update

i found out that i had waaay to many concurrent connections which was causing this issue i managed to get around this by uploading a zip file and using the PHP unzipper script from this thead ---> http://forum.exetel.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=221&t=28789

ymo

Post by ymo » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:28 pm

Angelofdeath wrote:i found out that i had waaay to many concurrent connections which was causing this issue i managed to get around this by uploading a zip file and using the PHP unzipper script
Wouldn't it have been easier to adjust Filezilla's Max Concurrent transfer setting?

Code: Select all

In the FileZilla menu, click "Edit", then "Settings...".
Select "Transfers"... Then change "Limit for concurrent downloads" and "Limit for concurrent uploads".

Angelofdeath

Post by Angelofdeath » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:13 pm

i tried that as well but even after changing the settings the los on the server still showed that the concurrent connections were slipping through

its wierd i know but hey i got it all working anyway :)