New home.exetel.com.au server now live

Web hosting, FTP/database access, mirror services and hosted blogs
SysAdmin

New home.exetel.com.au server now live

Post by SysAdmin » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:37 pm

The new home.exetel.com.au server is now live. You should read the previous announcements first posts (links provided for your convenience here and here) for more information on the new server. Some extra points of note, though:
  1. The new server is temporarily be available via both home.exetel.com.au and temporary.home.exetel.com.au to give people time to make any changes to the websites they've created on the new server. In 2 weeks time (Monday 6/10/2008) the temporary hostnames will be removed and the new server will only be accessible via home.exetel.com.au.
  2. The old server will still be available for 2 weeks (until Monday 6/10/2008) in case anyone still needs to copy data off of it.
  3. The old server is available via old.home.exetel.com.au for your websites and ftp connections and https://old.mydbadmin.home.exetel.com.au/ for the MySQL interface.
  4. The new servers mysql web interface is available via https://mydbadmin.home.exetel.com.au/.
  5. I have made changes to peoples websites so that any references to temporary.home.exetel.com.au have been changed to home.exetel.com.au. Some websites have references to temporary.home.exetel.com.au in their MySQL dbs. I've done my best to locate these table entries and have changed them to home.exetel.com.au (luckily there were only a few that required it).
  6. Quotas are strictly enforced. There will be an interface which will allow quota usage to be viewed.
Please watch this post for any updates and if you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

When requesting assistance please also provide your website details (website name, ftp username, service number, etc) at the same time. If you do not wish to publicise them then, at the minimum, please PM myself (SysAdmin) with the details. This will help save a round trip of someone having to ask for these details and it'll mean you get help faster. Queries without this information shall be treated with a lower priority.

PLEASE NOTE: Do not use temporary.home.exetel.com.au to reference any new websites you create, especially PHP based ones as they are likely to store the hostname as part of their configuration. From this point onwards only use home.exetel.com.au to reference the new web server.

Andrew

ciscokid

Re: New home.exetel.com.au now live

Post by ciscokid » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:54 pm

If I go to look up my site on home.exetel.com.au it just returns an error saying it is not found. Do I have to re-upload the site or is something still got to happen at Exetel end.

SysAdmin

Post by SysAdmin » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:55 pm

ciscokid wrote:If I go to look up my site on home.exetel.com.au it just returns an error saying it is not found. Do I have to re-upload the site or is something still got to happen at Exetel end.
PM me with your site address and when you ping home.exetel.com.au what do you get for the IP address?

Andrew

ciscokid

Post by ciscokid » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:51 pm

Andrew,

Thanks so much for your help, I am now downloading the data.

I have been away for 3 months and nearly died when I got home yesterday and to find today my site is down and the cutoff is today to get data from the old one.

Thanks again for your prompt help much appreciated

SysAdmin

Post by SysAdmin » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:01 pm

ciscokid wrote:Andrew,

Thanks so much for your help, I am now downloading the data.

I have been away for 3 months and nearly died when I got home yesterday and to find today my site is down and the cutoff is today to get data from the old one.

Thanks again for your prompt help much appreciated
No worries. Please take note of point 2b. It's very important with respect to having properly functioning PHP scripts.

Andrew

ercatli

Re: New home.exetel.com.au server now live

Post by ercatli » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:53 pm

When I enter my URL as http://home.exetel.com.au/sitename I get an error message, but when I add /index.shtml it loads fine.

Is this a .htaccess file issue? Is there a workaround? or is it some other issue?

Thanks.

SysAdmin

Post by SysAdmin » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:37 am

ercatli wrote:When I enter my URL as http://home.exetel.com.au/sitename I get an error message, but when I add /index.shtml it loads fine.

Is this a .htaccess file issue? Is there a workaround? or is it some other issue?
More of a "sysadmin aims for s but hits x instead" issue. Fixed.

Andrew

ercatli

Post by ercatli » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:32 am

And I thought sysadmins were perfect! : ) Thanks for prompt attention.

SysAdmin

Post by SysAdmin » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:46 am

ercatli wrote:And I thought sysadmins were perfect! : ) Thanks for prompt attention.
It was a perfect miss. ;)

Andrew

HM0006

Post by HM0006 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:08 am

SysAdmin wrote:
ciscokid wrote:If I go to look up my site on home.exetel.com.au it just returns an error saying it is not found. Do I have to re-upload the site or is something still got to happen at Exetel end.
PM me with your site address and when you ping home.exetel.com.au what do you get for the IP address?

Andrew
my freespace is not apparently availabe anymore,went to members area-created new password:>ftp~d index.html,that also gives HTTP404 error(page not found).
apparently I am in error so help/advice appreciated :!:
Carsix

SysAdmin

Post by SysAdmin » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:10 am

HM0006 wrote:my freespace is not apparently availabe anymore,went to members area-created new password:>ftp~d index.html,that also gives HTTP404 error(page not found).
apparently I am in error so help/advice appreciated :!:
I have no idea what may be wrong as the above is a tad on the hard side to understand. If you PM me your website details I can give things a cursory look and see if I can spot anything.

Andrew

damo65

Post by damo65 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:13 pm

My site is also down (404 Not Found error).

ercatli

Post by ercatli » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:05 pm

I'm sorry, I seem to be the person most in need of help of anyone!

I managed to transfer my HTML files and my mysql database across to the temporary.exetel server a week ago. The website (HTML) ran OK, but I could never get the forum to run. I thought it was a password/username issue.

So I thought I'd wait and see what happened once the new server went live. phpMyAdmin shows that the DB has been copied across. But I still have problems - when I try to go to the forum in my browser, I get this message:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@exetel.com.au and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

I'm assuming I haven't set the details of the DB correctly in my php files. I'll send you the details I have used by PM. Can you help please? I'm sorry to bother you, but I just can't seem to get the hang of it.

Thanks.

JamesR

Post by JamesR » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:47 pm

ercatli wrote:I'm assuming I haven't set the details of the DB correctly in my php files. I'll send you the details I have used by PM. Can you help please? I'm sorry to bother you, but I just can't seem to get the hang of it.
What forum software are you trying to use? We might be able to point you in the way of where it all is ;)
Regards,

JamesR
Customer since 2005

Franpa

Post by Franpa » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:12 pm

Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel i7 920 | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 24GB RAM | MSI Gamer 1070Ti 8GB | Integrated Sound Card | Corsair AX760 Power Supply | Exetel ZTE H268 Modem

https://www.speedtest.net/result/8729259527 (during low neighbourhood congestion)