New home.exetel.com.au server now live

Web hosting, FTP/database access, mirror services and hosted blogs
ercatli

Re: New home.exetel.com.au server now live

Post by ercatli » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:34 pm

JamesR wrote:What forum software are you trying to use? We might be able to point you in the way of where it all is ;)
I use Vanilla. I have found the php file (vanilla/conf/database.php) where these are:

define("dbHOST", "xxx.x.x.x");
define("dbNAME", "xxxxxxxx");
define("dbUSER", "xxxxxxxxx");
define("dbPASSWORD", "xxxxxxxxxx");

So I assume i just have to get these right.

JamesR

Post by JamesR » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:51 am

ercatli wrote:
JamesR wrote:What forum software are you trying to use? We might be able to point you in the way of where it all is ;)
I use Vanilla. I have found the php file (vanilla/conf/database.php) where these are:

define("dbHOST", "xxx.x.x.x");
define("dbNAME", "xxxxxxxx");
define("dbUSER", "xxxxxxxxx");
define("dbPASSWORD", "xxxxxxxxxx");

So I assume i just have to get these right.
Yes, that's correct. SysAdmin/Andrew, it would be very useful to update the user facilities information pages to reflect the new server (it still has old information for the old server there) ;)
Regards,

JamesR
Customer since 2005

SysAdmin

Post by SysAdmin » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:55 am

ercatli wrote:I'm sorry, I seem to be the person most in need of help of anyone!

I managed to transfer my HTML files and my mysql database across to the temporary.exetel server a week ago. The website (HTML) ran OK, but I could never get the forum to run. I thought it was a password/username issue.

So I thought I'd wait and see what happened once the new server went live. phpMyAdmin shows that the DB has been copied across. But I still have problems - when I try to go to the forum in my browser, I get this message:

Internal Server Error
Please see point 2b.

Andrew

SysAdmin

Post by SysAdmin » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:56 am

JamesR wrote:Yes, that's correct. SysAdmin/Andrew, it would be very useful to update the user facilities information pages to reflect the new server (it still has old information for the old server there) ;)
That's in the works. I'll be poking a certain individual to see what's up with the updating of that.

Andrew

SysAdmin

Post by SysAdmin » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:03 am

Franpa wrote:My site is down, http://home.exetel.com.au/franpa/
Please read the first post in this topic.

Andrew

SysAdmin

Post by SysAdmin » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:04 am

damo65 wrote:My site is also down (404 Not Found error).
More than likely you need to read the first post in this topic.

Andrew

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:22 pm

Sysadmin, as I have a few sites to set up again, perhaps you could excuse me being lazy. I have noticed that transfers made using Nautilus (Gnome file manager) hang Nautilus at the end of the transfer, a great nuisance, since the desktop is disabled if nautilus is killed. This is not happening if I use other ftp-enabled file managers or ftp clients (ie anything else, not running the desktop at the time). Is there a change at your end? I would rather be able to treat each logged-in web space directory as being part of my machine, in the usual manner.

SysAdmin

Post by SysAdmin » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:27 pm

Dazzled wrote:Sysadmin, as I have a few sites to set up again, perhaps you could excuse me being lazy. I have noticed that transfers made using Nautilus (Gnome file manager) hang Nautilus at the end of the transfer, a great nuisance, since the desktop is disabled if nautilus is killed. This is not happening if I use other ftp-enabled file managers or ftp clients (ie anything else, not running the desktop at the time). Is there a change at your end? I would rather be able to treat each logged-in web space directory as being part of my machine, in the usual manner.
It's just a straight FTP service using ProFTPd. About the only thing special about it is connection rate limiting to make brute-force attempts more painful to perform. I'll give it a wee tweak, though. Maybe it might help.

Otherwise I sense a weird bug in Nautilus.

Andrew

SysAdmin

Post by SysAdmin » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:26 pm

SysAdmin wrote:
JamesR wrote:Yes, that's correct. SysAdmin/Andrew, it would be very useful to update the user facilities information pages to reflect the new server (it still has old information for the old server there) ;)
That's in the works. I'll be poking a certain individual to see what's up with the updating of that.
The poking was a success. Sorted.

Andrew

JamesR

Post by JamesR » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:13 pm

SysAdmin wrote:The poking was a success. Sorted.

Andrew
Thank you Andrew, your commitment to this is much appreciated :)
Regards,

JamesR
Customer since 2005

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:17 pm

Andrew, do you have a Gnome test machine handy? I have repeatedly tried to ftp to/from a site, and find that the current nautilus always hangs at a file copy with overwrite, even of a very small file. It used to work, so something looks amiss. The problem appears to relate to the delete operation. Funnily, I can't replicate this on an older Ubuntu Dapper box.

Franpa

Post by Franpa » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:19 am

SysAdmin wrote:
damo65 wrote:My site is also down (404 Not Found error).
More than likely you need to read the first post in this topic.

Andrew
So, because I was slow, I lost my site? (I'm annoyed, but not angry since it IS my fault >.>)
Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel i7 920 @ 3.6GHz | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 24GB DDR3 1520MHz RAM | MSI Gamer 1070Ti 8GB | Integrated Sound Card | Corsair AX760 Platinum Power Supply | Exetel ZTE H268 Modem

danielc

Post by danielc » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:47 am

So, because I was slow, I lost my site? (I'm annoyed, but not angry since it IS my fault >.>
If you go back to the first post and read points b) and c) you may well become less annoyed :)

danielc

Post by danielc » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:51 am

Dazzled wrote:Andrew, do you have a Gnome test machine handy? I have repeatedly tried to ftp to/from a site, and find that the current nautilus always hangs at a file copy with overwrite, even of a very small file. It used to work, so something looks amiss. The problem appears to relate to the delete operation. Funnily, I can't replicate this on an older Ubuntu Dapper box.
Tested and everything seems to be fine on a Debian Sid running gnome 2.22 (and nautilus 2.22.3).

Regards,
Daniel C

Franpa

Post by Franpa » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:15 pm

Ah, the blue link in point C was throwing me off and I was glossing over it >.> thank you.
Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel i7 920 @ 3.6GHz | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 24GB DDR3 1520MHz RAM | MSI Gamer 1070Ti 8GB | Integrated Sound Card | Corsair AX760 Platinum Power Supply | Exetel ZTE H268 Modem