Cannot Run PHP Scripts on New Website

Web hosting, FTP/database access, mirror services and hosted blogs
Post Reply
Clevo89
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:41 pm
Location: Sydney

Cannot Run PHP Scripts on New Website

Post by Clevo89 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:03 am

I seem to be having all sorts of problems.

I'm running a Blog Script (b2evolution) on my web-site using a new MySql db

I can access the Mysqldb. However I now need to delete the tables and restore a back-up copy of the tables to restore my blog the way it was....well hopefully.

To restore the tables I'm running a PhP cscript I got for free. I successfully ran a back-up script on the old site but for some reason cannot run the restore script on the new site. I get this message:
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@exetel.com.au and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.2.3 (Debian) mod_ssl/2.2.3 OpenSSL/0.9.8c Server at home.exetel.com.au Port 80
It's a simple PHP Script and I get the same error message using the free Script Exetel supply to check the connection to the database.

Is there a way to resolve this.

I'm surprised Exetel didn;t charge a fee for transferring the websites..I for one would have been happy to pay a fee to have this done for me instead of the hours I have spent getting my head around all these scripts and re-installation of blog software etc etc...

I just wat to restore my db tables.

Any assistance would be appreciated

SysAdmin

Re: Cannot Run PHP Scripts on New Website

Post by SysAdmin » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:48 am

Clevo89 wrote:I seem to be having all sorts of problems.

I'm running a Blog Script (b2evolution) on my web-site using a new MySql db

I can access the Mysqldb. However I now need to delete the tables and restore a back-up copy of the tables to restore my blog the way it was....well hopefully.

To restore the tables I'm running a PhP cscript I got for free. I successfully ran a back-up script on the old site but for some reason cannot run the restore script on the new site. I get this message:
It is possible that you are hitting point 2b. Could you PM me with your website details and I'll take a closer look.
pay a fee to have this done for me instead of the hours I have spent getting my head around all these scripts and re-installation of blog software etc etc...
I would hope that you would maintain the software you install so that any fixes for security holes discovered in them wind up on your website.

Andrew

Clevo89
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:41 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Cannot Run PHP Scripts on New Website

Post by Clevo89 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:50 am

Thanks Andrew, I will try changing the permissions. I had them set as 777.

I will try that and get back.

Clevo89
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:41 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Cannot Run PHP Scripts on New Website

Post by Clevo89 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:28 am

Andrew...that has fixed it, Thanks very much for you prompt reply.

Now how much will it cost to get it set up for me :lol:

Clevo89
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:41 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Cannot Run PHP Scripts on New Website

Post by Clevo89 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:34 am

Any suggestions on this problem now that I have restored the database?

Additional information about this error:
MySQL error!

Table 'fwdbd366.evo_basedomains' doesn't exist(Errno=1146)

Your query:

SELECT dom_ID

FROM evo_basedomains

WHERE dom_name = 'exetel.com.au'
____________________________________________

It seems to me I have a table missing of an error in one of my config files? The software I use obviously needs this table but I don;t know what to do next

SysAdmin

Re: Cannot Run PHP Scripts on New Website

Post by SysAdmin » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:02 am

Clevo89 wrote:Any suggestions on this problem now that I have restored the database?

Additional information about this error:
MySQL error!

Table 'fwdbd366.evo_basedomains' doesn't exist(Errno=1146)
I believe that should sort it out for you.

Andrew

Clevo89
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:41 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Cannot Run PHP Scripts on New Website

Post by Clevo89 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:07 am

SysAdmin wrote:
Clevo89 wrote:Any suggestions on this problem now that I have restored the database?

Additional information about this error:
MySQL error!

Table 'fwdbd366.evo_basedomains' doesn't exist(Errno=1146)
I believe that should sort it out for you.

Andrew

Wow!!! you are a legend!!!

Thanks heaps heaps heaps!!!

Post Reply