Unable to access index pages in folders

Web hosting, FTP/database access, mirror services and hosted blogs
bisygisy

Unable to access index pages in folders

Post by bisygisy » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:43 am

I uploaded my webpages last night as I was compelled to do so with the new changes in Ftp. I am no longer able to access any webpages in folders. I get the following error. Not Found. The requested URL /xxxx/xxxx/index.htm was not found on this server. This used to work fine previously. This is of great concern to me as I have many folders (12 folders to be precise) as it allows me to organise all the respective html without it ending up a mess. What has changed for this basic functionality to stop working.
Last edited by bisygisy on Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

SysAdmin

Re: Unable to access index pages in folders

Post by SysAdmin » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:46 am

bisygisy wrote:I uploaded my webpages last night as I was compelled to so with the new changes in Ftp. I am no longer able to access any webpages in folders. I get the following error. Not Found. The requested URL /xxxx/xxxx/index.htm was not found on this server. This used to worked fine previously. This is of great concern to me as I have many folders (12 folders to be precise) as it allows me to organise all the respective html without it ending up a mess. What has changed for this basic functionality to stop working.
Please PM me with your website details.

Andrew

bisygisy

Re: Unable to access index pages in folders

Post by bisygisy » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:52 am

The case sensitivity issue gets me every time as I have the pages backed up on a windows NAS server and the folder names are in Upper and Lower case. I have had this case sensitivity issue a few times before. You would think that I would remember that I had changed them on the ftp site to be in lower case. It is easy to forget over a long period. I will need to change the case on my server so that when I copy them again I will not make to same mistake in another 4 years.

Thankyou for your help.