Trouble Connecting To New Server

Web hosting, FTP/database access, mirror services and hosted blogs
Mulder

Trouble Connecting To New Server

Post by Mulder » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:19 pm

Sorry to be a pain but I cannot access the live chat for the next few days to get this help I need so I have to ask here.
I am trying, without success, to get my FTP Program to connect to the new server.
Its WS_FTP LE
I tried the original settings and no luck
I changed to the new password, No luck
I changed the Profile name to the the same as the FTP Login Name provided by Exetel to help me remember the Connection name. I then made the host name, home.exetel.com.au, The host type as Auto Detect. The user ID as provided by Exetel and the password as the one provided by exetel. Still will not connect. I have tried using my phone number etc and combinations of everything and still no luck.
All I continue to get is 530 Log in incorrect, Log in failure so quitting. I have tried every combination of user id and password and no luck.
Am I missing something? (like a few brain cells!)
mulder

Edited to add If I try to got to my web site I get a 403 error You do not have permission screen

SysAdmin

Re: Trouble Connecting To New Server

Post by SysAdmin » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:23 pm

Mulder wrote:Am I missing something? (like a few brain cells!)
Can you PM me with your website name and what you think your ftp username and password are as well as your service number?
Edited to add If I try to got to my web site I get a 403 error You do not have permission screen
That's normal. You haven't any files in there yet.

Andrew

Mulder

Post by Mulder » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:11 pm

PM sent Thankyou

Mulder

Post by Mulder » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:54 pm

The problem has been solved. Apparently the missing brain cells returned and I finally got the right password and other critical elements in the correct place. Thank you Andrew for your help.
David