Unable to access my site

Web hosting, FTP/database access, mirror services and hosted blogs
Macko

Unable to access my site

Post by Macko » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:24 pm

I've had a computer crash two days ago and dragged out my emergency computer. It is all set up with CuteFTP (which I was using on the old one) but when I tried accessing my website, I kept getting error messages that either the logon id or the password was incorrect. I tried both home.exetel.com.au and temporary.exetel.com.au with the same result.

I went to the utilities webpage and requested a new password for my site. I then tried the new password after a short period of time but still no luck. What do I do now? I need to post some sport results on my webpage.

SysAdmin

Re: Unable to access my site

Post by SysAdmin » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:28 pm

Macko wrote:I've had a computer crash two days ago and dragged out my emergency computer. It is all set up with CuteFTP (which I was using on the old one) but when I tried accessing my website, I kept getting error messages that either the logon id or the password was incorrect. I tried both home.exetel.com.au and temporary.exetel.com.au with the same result.

I went to the utilities webpage and requested a new password for my site. I then tried the new password after a short period of time but still no luck. What do I do now? I need to post some sport results on my webpage.
Does the emergency computer have your service number as the login name?

Andrew

Macko

Post by Macko » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:40 pm

Not sure what "service number" is but I've changed the login name to FW_BRIDGE. I did try the old login name before that, just in case.

SysAdmin

Post by SysAdmin » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:52 pm

Macko wrote:Not sure what "service number" is but I've changed the login name to FW_BRIDGE. I did try the old login name before that, just in case.
Ok. It was an idea. I've had a look and you're getting your password wrong.

Andrew

Macko

Post by Macko » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:58 pm

The password is the one given to me by the automatic password changer :) I copied and pasted it.

SysAdmin

Post by SysAdmin » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:05 pm

Macko wrote:The password is the one given to me by the automatic password changer :) I copied and pasted it.
Well there's nothing that that would single you out in particular. :) I would suggest resetting the password, copying, pasting it into notepad to make sure you copied nothing but the password and then copying it into the password field.

Andrew

Macko

Post by Macko » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:30 pm

That worked! Somehow it didn't accept my earlier new password but it likes this one :)
Thanks Andrew.