Web space password

Web hosting, FTP/database access, mirror services and hosted blogs
Alick

Web space password

Post by Alick » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:58 pm

Hi
How do I reset my webspace password? I went to Exetel tools>WebBlogSetUp>WebSpaceConfiguration>and clicked on the reset password button expecting the ability to choose my own new password. Instead I was given a new generated password. I would like to choose my own password. Please tell me how to do it. Kind Regards Alick

Gidget
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: Web space password

Post by Gidget » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:06 pm

You cannot set your own password - too many people set too many easily-broken passwords in the past. For more info, do a search for recent posts by Sys Admin (I spent 5 minutes looking for the one I remembered he wrote about this but didn't find it and I haven't got time now to look further).

Gidget
Log a fault ticket here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal

Alick

Post by Alick » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:23 pm

Thanks for such a quick reply Gidget. I aggree. You have reminded me that it was a Exetel generated password and not my own. I was trying a password I had thought I generated. I will use the new one. Thanks for your help. Alick

thomashouseman

Post by thomashouseman » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:37 am

Yes, you used to be able to set your own, but now unable to.
I would however appreciate it if we could at least VIEW our current password from the Exetel website just like we can for the VOIP account passwords.
Too often I've had to reset the Website password as I left my memory stick with the text file with the password in it somewhere else etc.

T.

SysAdmin

Post by SysAdmin » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:38 am

thomashouseman wrote:Yes, you used to be able to set your own, but now unable to.
I would however appreciate it if we could at least VIEW our current password from the Exetel website just like we can for the VOIP account passwords.
The passwords are not stored in clear text and are encrypted in a non-recoverable fashion. As such this isn't available.

Andrew