Configuring Blog server access

Web hosting, FTP/database access, mirror services and hosted blogs
pcp20us

Configuring Blog server access

Post by pcp20us » Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:58 pm

Hi I have installed the blog service that comes with an account. Easy setup and looks good !!!!

I am installing extra plugins but keep getting an error message when i install event plugins.
Can anyone assist me with this.
I have posted on the serend[ity blog site and they suggest its a ram setting?

Can we get access to our blog site config ?

Cheer

Pete

vk3xem

Re: Configuring Blog server access

Post by vk3xem » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:42 am

Yes, I have been getting the same errors:
Error: serendipity_event_assigncategories:7a44a7defa7be888dae17b4b92875749 (serendipity_event_assigncategories:7a44a7defa7be888dae17b4b92875749)
DEBUG: Plugin serendipity_event_assigncategories:7a44a7defa7be888dae17b4b92875749 not an object: .
Input: Array ( [adminModule] => plugins [pluginPath] => online_repository [install_plugin] => serendipity_event_assigncategories [spartacus_fetch] => [action] => [adminAction] => ) .

This error can happen if a plugin was not properly downloaded (check your plugins directory if the requested plugin was downloaded) or the inclusion of a file failed (permissions?)
Backtrace:
Installing plugin: Array ( [0] => serendipity_event_assigncategories [1] => [2] => event [3] => 2 [4] => online_repository )
INSERT INTO blog_vk3xem.plugins (name, sort_order, placement, authorid, path) values ('serendipity_event_assigncategories:7a44a7defa7be888dae17b4b92875749', 18, 'event', '2', 'serendipity_event_assigncategories:7a44a7defa7be888dae17b4b92875749')
No valid path/filename found. Aborting.
Classname serendipity_event_assigncategories still does not exist. Aborting.
Loading plugin failed painfully. File not found?
Classname serendipity_event_assigncategories still does not exist. Aborting.
It appears to be affecting all the plugins now, maybe the Serendipity or the plugins need to be upgraded?

UPDATE: Each of the plugins that have failed to install are stuck in the Configure Plugins page. I have tried to remove them but they are stuck there, at least I have been able to set them as inactive.
The views I present are that of my own and NOT of any organisation I may belong to.

73 de Simon, VK3XEM

pcp20us

Post by pcp20us » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:50 am

Hi

I am posting onb the serendipity (sdy)forums as well.

I had 10 event plugins installed, i removed 5 unneeded plugins and could then install other plugins, so from what sdy say, its got to go with ram. But how do we get access to or files so we can use htaccess or someway to increase it.

I assume you are a customer, i think we need an exetel perosn for some help??

Pete

SysAdmin

Post by SysAdmin » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:54 am

pcp20us wrote:I had 10 event plugins installed, i removed 5 unneeded plugins and could then install other plugins, so from what sdy say, its got to go with ram. But how do we get access to or files so we can use htaccess or someway to increase it.

I assume you are a customer, i think we need an exetel perosn for some help??
PM me with your blog name, please and I'll have a look at the error.log for any messages.

Andrew

SysAdmin

Post by SysAdmin » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:05 am

SysAdmin wrote:PM me with your blog name, please and I'll have a look at the error.log for any messages.
Never mind. Found em. It was indeed hitting the memory limit. Can you both try now?

Andrew

vk3xem

Post by vk3xem » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:29 pm

I have been able to install several plugins, but still getting the occasional error.
Error: serendipity_event_contactform:411b48cf41e97223dfdb4bd3622bdb77 (serendipity_event_contactform:411b48cf41e97223dfdb4bd3622bdb77)
DEBUG: Plugin serendipity_event_contactform:411b48cf41e97223dfdb4bd3622bdb77 not an object: .
Input: Array ( [adminModule] => plugins [pluginPath] => online_repository [install_plugin] => serendipity_event_contactform [spartacus_fetch] => [action] => [adminAction] => ) .

This error can happen if a plugin was not properly downloaded (check your plugins directory if the requested plugin was downloaded) or the inclusion of a file failed (permissions?)
Backtrace:
Installing plugin: Array ( [0] => serendipity_event_contactform [1] => [2] => event [3] => 2 [4] => online_repository )
INSERT INTO blog_vk3xem.plugins (name, sort_order, placement, authorid, path) values ('serendipity_event_contactform:411b48cf41e97223dfdb4bd3622bdb77', 36, 'event', '2', 'serendipity_event_contactform:411b48cf41e97223dfdb4bd3622bdb77')
Classname serendipity_event_contactform still does not exist. Aborting.
Classname serendipity_event_contactform still does not exist. Aborting.
Error: serendipity_event_mobile_output:033f76fbc4896693e2de5c65c6b455d0 (serendipity_event_mobile_output:033f76fbc4896693e2de5c65c6b455d0)
DEBUG: Plugin serendipity_event_mobile_output:033f76fbc4896693e2de5c65c6b455d0 not an object: .
Input: Array ( [adminModule] => plugins [pluginPath] => online_repository [install_plugin] => serendipity_event_mobile_output [spartacus_fetch] => [action] => [adminAction] => ) .

Backtrace:
Installing plugin: Array ( [0] => serendipity_event_mobile_output [1] => [2] => event [3] => 2 [4] => online_repository )
INSERT INTO blog_vk3xem.plugins (name, sort_order, placement, authorid, path) values ('serendipity_event_mobile_output:033f76fbc4896693e2de5c65c6b455d0', 38, 'event', '2', 'serendipity_event_mobile_output:033f76fbc4896693e2de5c65c6b455d0')
Classname serendipity_event_mobile_output still does not exist. Aborting.
Classname serendipity_event_mobile_output still does not exist. Aborting.
These errors are possibly because they are plugins from the serendipity server, rather than on the initial list on Exetel servers

I am still unable to delete plugins from the events list, the bulk of them just show up as error.
The views I present are that of my own and NOT of any organisation I may belong to.

73 de Simon, VK3XEM

SysAdmin

Post by SysAdmin » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:46 pm

vk3xem wrote:I am still unable to delete plugins from the events list, the bulk of them just show up as error.
Which are these?

Andrew

vk3xem

Post by vk3xem » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:31 pm

Here a some of the errors.

73 de Simon, VK3XEM

pcp20us

Post by pcp20us » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:10 pm

Hi Guys and Andrew

I was not receiving notification of posts !!!

I read you have upped the limit, that explains why i can install plugins maybe. :wink:

I still get error messages installing some plugins as well. :roll:

My screen is differnet to vk3xem screen capture?? not a biggy just wondering why

Thanks for upping the limit.
Andrew what is the mem limit and can we get access to our files to add a htaccess file and to add templates we want to use?

Cheers :wink:

just editing to test notification

Pete

vk3xem

Post by vk3xem » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:08 pm

pcp20us wrote:My screen is differnet to vk3xem screen capture?? not a biggy just wondering why
Hi Pete,

I have disabled the Advanced Java Script on my blog because I was having problems dragging the plugins from right to left, that is probably why it looks a little different.

73 de Simon, VK3XEM

SysAdmin

Post by SysAdmin » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:08 am

vk3xem wrote:Here a some of the errors.
Ok. I think I've cleaned your blog out without breaking anything (bonus!). Can you give things a poke now?

Andrew

SysAdmin

Post by SysAdmin » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:14 am

pcp20us wrote:I am installing extra plugins but keep getting an error message when i install event plugins.
Can anyone assist me with this.
I have posted on the serend[ity blog site and they suggest its a ram setting?
Can you give things a go now?

Andrew

pcp20us

Post by pcp20us » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:59 pm

Ha Good work Andrew, looks good installing event plugins no problems.

What did u do to get it working from a learning point of view?

Do you know anything re sdy gallery2embed pulgin?

Do u know if blogs have a general tool so users can click a box to receive an email when therer is a post.

I know these are general question if you know great or anyone else

Thanks for your help :mrgreen:

Pete

SysAdmin

Post by SysAdmin » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:05 pm

pcp20us wrote:Ha Good work Andrew, looks good installing event plugins no problems.

What did u do to get it working from a learning point of view?
Well there was a goat, a swish, a metallic glint in the light and a feast tonight. There may or may not have been incantations and heavy metal music.
Do you know anything re sdy gallery2embed pulgin?
No, sorry. If you have specific questions wrt what the server needs to support to install and use it I can probably answer those (one way or the other).
Do u know if blogs have a general tool so users can click a box to receive an email when therer is a post.
Yes, this is possible. Check through your preferences/settings.

Andrew

pcp20us

Post by pcp20us » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:23 pm

go the goat, a swish, a metallic glint !!! sounds a little, mmm not to sure!!

So i assume thats a no i ain't going to tell you !! Ha its all bout paying it forward

You can close this thread

Pete