redirect domain to exetel webspace?

Web hosting, FTP/database access, mirror services and hosted blogs
WhtwaBBiT

redirect domain to exetel webspace?

Post by WhtwaBBiT » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:36 am

Hey there, Thanks for looking, some help needed to utilize the web
I'm setting my first website and have registered a domain name, now do I need to redirect the traffic to my Exetel webspace? Exetel registered my domain, do they redirect for free or are there some charges involved?
Cheers :D

Jared Lee

Re: redirect domain to exetel webspace?

Post by Jared Lee » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:02 am

If you want to redirect that domain to your web site, you will need the domain name hosting service, which Exetel only charge $20 annual fee.

PS: This service only limited to paid web hosting. Redirection to free web space (e.g. home.exetel.com.au/anyname) is not allowed. We can only point that to our paid web hosting service or any other hosting service with another provider, as long as you provided the ip address to redirect in zone record.

WhtwaBBiT

Re: redirect domain to exetel webspace?

Post by WhtwaBBiT » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:51 am

Jared Lee wrote:If you want to redirect that domain to your web site, you will need the domain name hosting service, which Exetel only charge $20 annual fee.

PS: This service only limited to paid web hosting. Redirection to free web space (e.g. home.exetel.com.au/anyname) is not allowed. We can only point that to our paid web hosting service or any other hosting service with another provider, as long as you provided the ip address to redirect in zone record.
Thanks for your reply Jared
So if I setup web hosting account with the domain hosting service option that will direct traffic to the hosting site? All I need to do then is upload my web files?

cheers