Trouble installing phpMyAdmin

Web hosting, FTP/database access, mirror services and hosted blogs
glittle

Trouble installing phpMyAdmin

Post by glittle » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:33 pm

Hi Everyone

I have just purchased some new webspace and domain name and I need to get phpMyAdmin running to make my db admin easier. I thought the first step to the install process was to copy the decompressed folder from whatever archive you download to the public_html directory so that I can run setup via http://www.somedomain.com/phpMyAdmin-3. ... ish/setup/

When I do this I get the following printed before the interface. I tried ignoring the messages and adding a new server setting permissions as asked on the setup folder and config.inc.php file but nothing happened so I have to assume that these error messages are not something I can ignore. Have I not followed instructions properly or is there something more to this.

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Runtime Notice in ./libraries/common.inc.php#274
date_default_timezone_get() [function.date-default-timezone-get]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Australia/Melbourne' for 'EST/11.0/DST' instead

Backtrace

./libraries/common.inc.php#274: date_default_timezone_get()
./setup/lib/common.inc.php#18: require_once(./libraries/common.inc.php)
./setup/index.php#12: require(./setup/lib/common.inc.php)

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

danielc

Re: Trouble installing phpMyAdmin

Post by danielc » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:15 pm

Hi glittle,

Good news! There is actually already a copy of phpMyAdmin installed on the hosted web server for the use of our hosted customers. Go to:

http://vh1.web.exetel.com.au/mydbadmin/

And enter in your database access details.

Regards,
Daniel C

glittle

Post by glittle » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:51 pm

Nice. Thanks for that. Just a suggestion. Perhaps including that link with e-mail when informing people of their username and password would be helpful.

Cheers for that.

peterh_oz

Post by peterh_oz » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:17 pm

I can't log into phpMyAdmin ...

Have tried the username & password sent via the setup email.

FTP works fine.

This is for a hosted website, not the "blog". I've using the vh1.web login as I'm yet to move my domain over (for obvious reasons - the site isn't setup yet!).

The error is "1045 - Access denied for user '[username]'@'localhost' (using password: YES)"

lingg

Post by lingg » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:21 pm

peterh_oz wrote:I can't log into phpMyAdmin ...

Have tried the username & password sent via the setup email.

FTP works fine.

This is for a hosted website, not the "blog". I've using the vh1.web login as I'm yet to move my domain over (for obvious reasons - the site isn't setup yet!).

The error is "1045 - Access denied for user '[username]'@'localhost' (using password: YES)"

Please Email hosting@exetel.com.au with your web site hosting details and we will check it for you.

Bonjour

Post by Bonjour » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:59 pm

Right, I am trying to log onto phpMyAdmin, so...

The "Database USER" should be the username?
And the password should be, the SQL password?

Because it isn't working.