is home.exetel.com.au down?

Web hosting, FTP/database access, mirror services and hosted blogs
tim08

is home.exetel.com.au down?

Post by tim08 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:05 pm

Hi,

I seem to be having a bit of trouble with the webspace. I've had trouble with access to the pages when i go to http://home.exetel.com.au/mysite or any other page within my site. I get a timeout error. This happened last night and this morning, was fine for a while, now it's out again.

I have no problem ftp-ing files and the rest of the net seems to be working fine.

Thanks in advance,

Tim

JasonM

Re: is home.exetel.com.au down?

Post by JasonM » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:07 pm

It's up here.

It may be the case that your temporarily restricted if you make too many requests at once (ie - if you have any anti virus software that reads pages ahead, etc).

tim08

Post by tim08 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:14 pm

JasonM wrote:It's up here.

It may be the case that your temporarily restricted if you make too many requests at once (ie - if you have any anti virus software that reads pages ahead, etc).

ok, so if for example, I'd set up a tiki and was updating pages and uploading files in the web based environment, that may be the cause?

danielc

Post by danielc » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:55 am

You may notice this sort of behaviour if you have multiple connections to the server on any given port open at once. So the answer to your question is "it depends" :)

In all seriousness, it depends more on the setup of your browser / anti-virus software than anything on your actual website, I would guess.

Regards,
Daniel C