Domain name question

Web hosting, FTP/database access, mirror services and hosted blogs
donkeykong

Domain name question

Post by donkeykong » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:15 pm

I recentley bought a domain name and 12 months hosting with a US compnay called hostlinkexpress. But as of last week their servers have been down and I cannot get in contact with them.

I have moved my site onto exetels free web space but I would like to know how I can point my domain name to my exetel webspace.

cheers!

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: Domain name question

Post by jokiin » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:28 pm

donkeykong wrote:I recentley bought a domain name and 12 months hosting with a US compnay called hostlinkexpress. But as of last week their servers have been down and I cannot get in contact with them.

I have moved my site onto exetels free web space but I would like to know how I can point my domain name to my exetel webspace.

cheers!
pointing it to anywhere else will require you to login to wherever you purchased the domain from and update the nameservers to point elsewhere, if this is the same place that is hosting the site now then you'll have to get onto them before you can relocate anywhere

NetworkAdmin

Re: Domain name question

Post by NetworkAdmin » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:39 pm

donkeykong wrote:I recentley bought a domain name and 12 months hosting with a US compnay called hostlinkexpress. But as of last week their servers have been down and I cannot get in contact with them.

cheers!
You can't point a domain name directly to the free web server, unless you have some sort of url redirection dns. You can use Exetel paid hosting for your web site however.