Web space password reset seems to have deleted everything

Web hosting, FTP/database access, mirror services and hosted blogs
hhle

Web space password reset seems to have deleted everything

Post by hhle » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:54 pm

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone could help shed some light on an issue I am having.

Within my web space configuration page in my account, I went to reset my web password and it seems to have reset my web space? I am not sure whether I inadvertently pressed the wrong button, but the blog that I previously had set up seems to have been deleted. When I ftp to my current webspace and 'ls' it, nothing shows up, except for the current/previous (./..) path references.

I assume that I've deleted my webspace - what I wanted to ask is whether I can access my old database and backup the data within this database?

I was thinking of going through the web portal: https://mydbadmin.home.exetel.com.au/ logging in and attempting to backup the data within the mysql tables.

If I have reset my web space, does this automatically reset (i.e. delete) my previous database as well?

Any help or hints would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Hoa

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: Web space password reset seems to have deleted everything

Post by Dazzled » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:18 pm

You may have pressed the wrong button. I changed a password for someone about a fortnight ago, and the site wasn't lost (though it was backed up as a precaution).

hhle

Post by hhle » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:59 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your reply - I sense that I might have hit the wrong button and reset the "web space". Do you (or anyone else) know whether this means that the mysql database is also wiped, or is it still accessible and only the web files are deleted?

Thanks.

SysAdmin

Post by SysAdmin » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:57 pm

hhle wrote:Thanks for your reply - I sense that I might have hit the wrong button and reset the "web space". Do you (or anyone else) know whether this means that the mysql database is also wiped, or is it still accessible and only the web files are deleted?
You hit the delete button sometime between 18:15 and 18:20 yesterday. With that everything went, including the db.

Andrew

hhle

Post by hhle » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:51 pm

Ok, thanks for the clarification Andrew.