Trying to install wordpress

Web hosting, FTP/database access, mirror services and hosted blogs
Post Reply
mcmows
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:06 pm
Location: Dunsborough WA

Trying to install wordpress

Post by mcmows » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:30 pm

I have uploaded all the files and when I click the intall.php I get error message php not running. Database is configured. Any ideas?
Mows

thejeg

Re: Trying to install wordpress

Post by thejeg » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:17 am

mcmows wrote:I have uploaded all the files and when I click the intall.php I get error message php not running. Database is configured. Any ideas?
I have requested one of our developer team members to respond to your post.

lingg
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:52 am
Location: Sydney

Re: Trying to install wordpress

Post by lingg » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:49 am

Can you please post the details of the error message.

mcmows
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:06 pm
Location: Dunsborough WA

Re: Trying to install wordpress

Post by mcmows » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:01 pm

This is the error message I get. Also the page show a whole lot of code like it is not displaying the page correctly

Error: PHP is not running

WordPress requires that your web server is running PHP. Your server does not have PHP installed, or PHP is turned off.
>
Mows

lingg
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:52 am
Location: Sydney

Re: Trying to install wordpress

Post by lingg » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:20 pm

mcmows wrote:This is the error message I get. Also the page show a whole lot of code like it is not displaying the page correctly

Error: PHP is not running

WordPress requires that your web server is running PHP. Your server does not have PHP installed, or PHP is turned off.
>
This is quite wired, I'm very sure php is installed on our web server and lots of users are using it.

Can you please PM me your service number and where you saw this error message(URL, which link did you click on).

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin
Posts: 6003
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:16 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Trying to install wordpress

Post by Dazzled » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:32 pm

Stab in the dark -- check the browser - are you going to an http site (not an ftp) to execute the install?

Amraks
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:13 pm

Re: Trying to install wordpress

Post by Amraks » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:55 pm

Dazzled wrote:Stab in the dark -- check the browser - are you going to an http site (not an ftp) to execute the install?
Thats not possible it would come up as text.

lingg
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:52 am
Location: Sydney

Re: Trying to install wordpress

Post by lingg » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:29 pm

Amraks wrote:
Dazzled wrote:Stab in the dark -- check the browser - are you going to an http site (not an ftp) to execute the install?
Thats not possible it would come up as text.
There can be many reasons causing this error, it doesn't seem like a server side issue as I've tested a wordpress install and it works.

If you are have trouble installing a software, please always check:

install instruction
file permission

Or send the details of the error and name of your web space to hosting@exetel.com.au, we will look into it for you.

Post Reply