Please delete database & website from Exetel server

Web hosting, FTP/database access, mirror services and hosted blogs
compositor

Please delete database & website from Exetel server

Post by compositor » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:07 pm

This is now the 3rd time I have asked in both the forum and email, since when I changed my webname I was not told I'd have to pay for new hosting, which likely constitutes a pattern of the Exetel service paradigm in that I was not told I'd need Domain Hosting, moreover when I did use a 3rd party DNS service I wasn't told why it was not working, eg because the FTP is set up for a particular domain name.

Is this a deliberate tactic to make customers purchase additional resources or is it in line with the "we keep no backups" for cheap web hosting because I'm finding that free services can even beat what is on offer as a paid service in particular for hosting basic websites such as those without scripts and it's simply not worth the hassle to be constantly in the dark.

James
Exetel Staff

Re: Please delete database & website from Exetel server

Post by James » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:38 pm

compositor wrote:This is now the 3rd time I have asked in both the forum and email, since when I changed my webname I was not told I'd have to pay for new hosting, which likely constitutes a pattern of the Exetel service paradigm in that I was not told I'd need Domain Hosting, moreover when I did use a 3rd party DNS service I wasn't told why it was not working, eg because the FTP is set up for a particular domain name.

Is this a deliberate tactic to make customers purchase additional resources or is it in line with the "we keep no backups" for cheap web hosting because I'm finding that free services can even beat what is on offer as a paid service in particular for hosting basic websites such as those without scripts and it's simply not worth the hassle to be constantly in the dark.
Hi,

I've asked a few times for you to please email me your details.

Please do so care of james@exetel.com.au

james

compositor

Post by compositor » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:18 pm

James,

I called today and an order has been put through but I'm not sure if I will be able to obtain a refund on my web hosting but saying that I'd be happy if I can use Exetel webhosting as a subdomain, ie for files linked to from a domain even so is this possible at all?

rukshani
Exetel Staff

Post by rukshani » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:46 pm

compositor wrote:James,

I called today and an order has been put through but I'm not sure if I will be able to obtain a refund on my web hosting but saying that I'd be happy if I can use Exetel webhosting as a subdomain, ie for files linked to from a domain even so is this possible at all?

I have asked an Exetel sys.admin to advise you on the above.

lingg

Post by lingg » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:59 pm

compositor wrote:James,

Yes, you can order web hosting with sub domain,
if you have placed in an order, details of your web hosting service should be sent to you already.

If you haven't received any email from us, please pm me your website name.