Webspace problem

Web hosting, FTP/database access, mirror services and hosted blogs
ercatli

Re: Webspace problem

Post by ercatli » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:38 am

It's no real problem, but it would be interesting to know. The fact that I first found the problem Friday night and it was fixed Monday morning suggests that something went wrong after closedown on Friday (say a backup going wrong or a server crashing) and the experts weren't able to deal with it over the weekend.

But I have learnt a lesson - to be aware of the timing of faults as a possible indicator of their source and the length of the timeout.

asankag
Exetel Staff

Post by asankag » Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:53 pm

Hi Eric,

I've just sent you a reply with our findings. Hope that information clears your doubts and I am glad that everything is now back to normal.

Regards,
Asanka
---
Regards,
Asanka | L2 - VoIP Engineer

ercatli

Post by ercatli » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:21 pm

Yep, thanks.

ercatli

Post by ercatli » Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:51 pm

I'm sorry to reactivate this old topic, but I can't seem to be able to start a new topic.

I have both paid webspace, in which I have a website and blog, and the free webspace that comes with my ADSL account, which I use for testing new things out (where I can't do too much harm!). On my paid webspace I can use server side includes to load files like common headers and footers, etc, which will generally include some javascript. But when I try to use these on the free webspace they don't seem to work.

Is the free webspace not set up to allow javascript and server side includes?

angelos
Exetel Staff

Post by angelos » Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:58 am

ercatli wrote:I'm sorry to reactivate this old topic, but I can't seem to be able to start a new topic.

I have both paid webspace, in which I have a website and blog, and the free webspace that comes with my ADSL account, which I use for testing new things out (where I can't do too much harm!). On my paid webspace I can use server side includes to load files like common headers and footers, etc, which will generally include some javascript. But when I try to use these on the free webspace they don't seem to work.

Give me some time to get this checked further.

ercatli

Post by ercatli » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:57 pm

Thanks.

devindag
Exetel Staff

Post by devindag » Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:27 pm

ercatli wrote:I'm sorry to reactivate this old topic, but I can't seem to be able to start a new topic.

Please PM me your service number / domain name to further investigate this.

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:31 pm

Could you look into a related topic, phpinfo(), also, please devindag?

dulipf
Exetel Staff

Post by dulipf » Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:23 pm

Hi Eric,

I have sent you an email to the nominated contact email on file advising some helpful links in regards to your inquiry.

ercatli

Post by ercatli » Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:40 pm

Thanks a lot. I'll check it out.