Php on Free and Paid Hosting

Web hosting, FTP/database access, mirror services and hosted blogs
dels

Php on Free and Paid Hosting

Post by dels » Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:32 pm

Hello

I've been trying to run some PHP on the free web hosting space, with some functions operating and many others failing.
Notably the failure of phpinfo() has been documented many years ago as a memory limitation in Exetels configuration, presumably this has not been fixed.

Is there a list of the php functions that do work in the Exetel php implementation ?

Does the issue of crippled php only affect the Free hosting space ?
i.e. If I paid for hosting would I get a fully functional php implementation or would the same problem exist ?

Thanks

Kumudh
Forum Admin

Re: Php on Free and Paid Hosting

Post by Kumudh » Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:04 pm

dels wrote:Hello

I've been trying to run some PHP on the free web hosting space, with some functions operating and many others failing.
Notably the failure of phpinfo() has been documented many years ago as a memory limitation in Exetels configuration, presumably this has not been fixed.

Is there a list of the php functions that do work in the Exetel php implementation ?

Does the issue of crippled php only affect the Free hosting space ?
i.e. If I paid for hosting would I get a fully functional php implementation or would the same problem exist ?

Thanks
Hi Dels,

We will check this with our web admins and be in touch. Ref#10059983

Kumudh
Forum Admin

Post by Kumudh » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:24 pm

The php version we installed on free web hosting server is 5.4 which is the same version as paid web hosting.

Please drop an email to hosting@exetel.com.au quoting the reference number and your service details so we may better assist you.

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:29 pm

I just tried it, Kumudh, as a simple php script inside html. It still doesn't work on the free hosting.

dulipf
Exetel Staff

Post by dulipf » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:46 am

Dazzled wrote:I just tried it, Kumudh, as a simple php script inside html. It still doesn't work on the free hosting.
Hi Dazzled

We will check again with our hosting engineers and let you know. Ref#10059983

dels

Post by dels » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:06 pm

Hello,

Has there been any update from the engineers ?

I'm looking to find
1) whether the issue is considered a fault (which will be resolved) or if it is considered a configuration ( purposefully limited php implementation )
2) if this issue also affects the paid hosting service ( if so I'll look elsewhere for hosting )

Thanks kindly
Damian

Kumudh
Forum Admin

Post by Kumudh » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:47 pm

dels wrote:Hello,

Has there been any update from the engineers ?

I'm looking to find
1) whether the issue is considered a fault (which will be resolved) or if it is considered a configuration ( purposefully limited php implementation )
2) if this issue also affects the paid hosting service ( if so I'll look elsewhere for hosting )

Thanks kindly
Damian
Hi Damian,

Please PM your service number or customer ID so we may get your specific service details and forward it to our hosting team as there is no new update with regards to this.