curl hangs

Web hosting, FTP/database access, mirror services and hosted blogs
squeakytown

curl hangs

Post by squeakytown » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:50 pm

Hi,

Hoping someone can shed some light on what i need to do...

I am setting up a new Website Camera for the local SurfClub (Hikvision), and are pretesting some control buttons on the Exetel hosted website page.
I have opened the port (forwarded) and can access the external ip/port fine from outside my LAN (Camera at my home at the moment), and i can issue curl commands directly to the camera using my external ip/port calling the presets fine.

But if i attempt to call the ip/port from php from the exetel website the url's simply hang and timeout - returning at status of blank.
I can of course access other sites ok like www.google.com.au via the php curl, but not mine?

Currently i'm simply just try to see the camera login prompt to confirm i can reach the camera at all.

Full URL
$url = 'http://login:password@ip:port/PTZ/channels/1/PTZControl?command=GOTO_PRESET&presetNo=3&mode=start';
Current just to get anything back....
$url = 'http://ip:port';
$ch = curl_init($url);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, true);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_CUSTOMREQUEST, 'GET');
$response = curl_exec($ch);
curl_close($ch);

I have tried a variety of curls option including digest and basic when attempting to get the user/password to work.
But i firmly believe my IP:port is simply blocked.
Using other websites port checks they say its open and i can login remotely (externally) to the camera using the same ip/port ie i get the camera login prompt.

I'm happy to PM the real external IP:port, the details are only temporary until i get it working and move it to the correct site.

Dave

KrishanK
Exetel Staff

Re: curl hangs

Post by KrishanK » Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:14 pm

squeakytown wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:50 pm
Hi,

Hoping someone can shed some light on what i need to do...

I am setting up a new Website Camera for the local SurfClub (Hikvision), and are pretesting some control buttons on the Exetel hosted website page.
I have opened the port (forwarded) and can access the external ip/port fine from outside my LAN (Camera at my home at the moment), and i can issue curl commands directly to the camera using my external ip/port calling the presets fine.

But if i attempt to call the ip/port from php from the exetel website the url's simply hang and timeout - returning at status of blank.
I can of course access other sites ok like www.google.com.au via the php curl, but not mine?

Currently i'm simply just try to see the camera login prompt to confirm i can reach the camera at all.

Full URL
$url = 'http://login:password@ip:port/PTZ/channels/1/PTZControl?command=GOTO_PRESET&presetNo=3&mode=start';
Current just to get anything back....
$url = 'http://ip:port';
$ch = curl_init($url);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, true);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_CUSTOMREQUEST, 'GET');
$response = curl_exec($ch);
curl_close($ch);

I have tried a variety of curls option including digest and basic when attempting to get the user/password to work.
But i firmly believe my IP:port is simply blocked.
Using other websites port checks they say its open and i can login remotely (externally) to the camera using the same ip/port ie i get the camera login prompt.

I'm happy to PM the real external IP:port, the details are only temporary until i get it working and move it to the correct site.

Dave
Kindly DM me your 10-Digit Service Number or Customer ID along with the necessary information required to investigate this reported issue.

KrishanK
Exetel Staff

Post by KrishanK » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:52 pm

This is to confirm you that we received your direct message and opened a new ticket from our end, and escalated with the relevant department.

They will get in touch with you to do the needful.

Your new ticket reference no. is: 14013569

squeakytown

Post by squeakytown » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:21 pm

Hi,

I’m assuming the ip:port has been fixed as I now can access the camera login page and fully control the camera.

The camera will be located at a different Exetel customer ip when it’s installed full, but I will make sure it works prior.

Dave

KrishanK
Exetel Staff

Post by KrishanK » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:20 pm

squeakytown wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:21 pm
Hi,

I’m assuming the ip:port has been fixed as I now can access the camera login page and fully control the camera.

The camera will be located at a different Exetel customer ip when it’s installed full, but I will make sure it works prior.

Dave
Hi Dave, Yes the issue should be fixed now as we white-listed the port upon your request.

squeakytown

Post by squeakytown » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:08 am

Hi KrishanK,

Can you please confirm when the additional Customer IP and free website area (PM to you) for our account has also been opened on port 84?

I would like to move the camera to the SurfClub and complete testing from the ip 115.....

Thanks
Dave

judep
Exetel Staff

Post by judep » Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:10 pm

squeakytown wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:08 am
Hi KrishanK,

Can you please confirm when the additional Customer IP and free website area (PM to you) for our account has also been opened on port 84?

I would like to move the camera to the SurfClub and complete testing from the ip 115.....

Thanks
Dave
Hi Dave,

I have passed this information to the relevant team and we will get back to you and advise on this.

Thank you.

squeakytown

Post by squeakytown » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:32 am

Hi,

Can i have an update on this thanks?
(the port still appears blocked on the free hosted site)

Dave.

judep
Exetel Staff

Post by judep » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:09 pm

squeakytown wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:32 am
Hi,

Can i have an update on this thanks?
(the port still appears blocked on the free hosted site)

Dave.
I have requested for an update from the relevant team and will get back to you within 2 business days. Sorry for the inconvenience caused

Thank you

judep
Exetel Staff

Post by judep » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:36 pm

Hi,

The relevant team advised that the issue is now resolved, kindly re test and advice if issues still persists

Thank you