Paid Hosting Site Unable to write or transfer data

Web hosting, FTP/database access, mirror services and hosted blogs
squeakytown

Paid Hosting Site Unable to write or transfer data

Post by squeakytown » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:30 am

Hi,

As of today we are unable to write or transfer data to the paid hosting directories.
This is via the ftp user of for PHP code running on web pages.

Ticket #14609223 has been raised.
If anyone could investigate why this is occurring.
We havn't had space issues perform and I tried deleting an old 2mb file and still couldn't write 5 bytes immediately after.

You prompt assistance would be appreciated as this is a live site and some functions are impacted.

Dave
SSLSC

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: Paid Hosting Site Unable to write or transfer data

Post by KavindaS » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:12 pm

squeakytown wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:30 am
Hi,

As of today we are unable to write or transfer data to the paid hosting directories.
This is via the ftp user of for PHP code running on web pages.

Ticket #14609223 has been raised.
If anyone could investigate why this is occurring.
We havn't had space issues perform and I tried deleting an old 2mb file and still couldn't write 5 bytes immediately after.

You prompt assistance would be appreciated as this is a live site and some functions are impacted.

Dave
SSLSC
Hi Dave,

System engineers from the hosting department is currently checking this with the Developing team. They will provide you a feedback via the same ticket 14609223.

squeakytown

Post by squeakytown » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:39 pm

Hi,

Could it be space - I can see the Webstats folder alone is at 83 mb.
If there is a limit on overall diskspace then this could explain it.

I have a backup of the webstats archive - so you could try removing say 2014 - 2016 folders as a test?
(I get permission denied).

Dave

squeakytown

Post by squeakytown » Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:04 pm

Hi,

Rang helpdesk again as I haven't received any update.

Apparently we are over our limit of 100mb (no one was able to email or call us with the detail?).
Our actual Website data is at 90mb, and its the Exetel Webstat folder at 80+mb which we have no control over the accumulation or cleanup of (Permission denied) which puts us over the limit.
How can we be accountable for data we cannot do anything about as part of our limit?
Due to the Webstat folder we have only 17mb of space we are allowed to use for the entire website? - which is decreasing every day - I don't think this is acceptable Exetel!

Regardless I have submitted the request to change the Hosting plan to 200mb in the hope of getting the website back in full service today.

Helpdesk advise they cannot ring the hosting support people - Exetel do not have a contact - number??????
Exetel cannot contact one of their own service providers?

I have emailed the Hosting email address again marked URGENT, as this issue must be resolved today.
We have a major event on tomorrow which will need to utilise the Exetel Paid Hosted website.

Please Please resolve this issue today.

PS Some way a customer can tell their usage is required and/or alerts for space.

Dave
SSLSC

judep
Exetel Staff

Post by judep » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:54 pm

squeakytown wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:04 pm
Hi,

Rang helpdesk again as I haven't received any update.

Apparently we are over our limit of 100mb (no one was able to email or call us with the detail?).
Our actual Website data is at 90mb, and its the Exetel Webstat folder at 80+mb which we have no control over the accumulation or cleanup of (Permission denied) which puts us over the limit.
How can we be accountable for data we cannot do anything about as part of our limit?
Due to the Webstat folder we have only 17mb of space we are allowed to use for the entire website? - which is decreasing every day - I don't think this is acceptable Exetel!

Regardless I have submitted the request to change the Hosting plan to 200mb in the hope of getting the website back in full service today.

Helpdesk advise they cannot ring the hosting support people - Exetel do not have a contact - number??????
Exetel cannot contact one of their own service providers?

I have emailed the Hosting email address again marked URGENT, as this issue must be resolved today.
We have a major event on tomorrow which will need to utilise the Exetel Paid Hosted website.

Please Please resolve this issue today.

PS Some way a customer can tell their usage is required and/or alerts for space.

Dave
SSLSC
Hi Dave,

This issue has been escalated to the relevant team as a matter of urgency, Once we have further information with regards to this issue you will be notified via the same ticket 14609223. We do apologize for the inconvenience caused by this issue.

Thanks