Please Update the PHP Version for Paid Hosting

Web hosting, FTP/database access, mirror services and hosted blogs
Post Reply
squeakytown
Posts: 134
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 1:10 pm

Please Update the PHP Version for Paid Hosting

Post by squeakytown » Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:30 pm

Hi,

Can you please have the PHP Version on the Paid Hosting Site updated to 5.6 like that on the Free area?

Free = 5.6.38-0+deb8u1Test
Paid = 5.4.45-0+deb7u14Test

We utilise the Free area for our Test instances and the Paid for the Live and are unable to run the equivalent php code.

Thanks
David
SSLSC

IsuruB
Exetel Staff
Posts: 302
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:18 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Please Update the PHP Version for Paid Hosting

Post by IsuruB » Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:07 pm

squeakytown wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:30 pm
Hi,

Can you please have the PHP Version on the Paid Hosting Site updated to 5.6 like that on the Free area?

Free = 5.6.38-0+deb8u1Test
Paid = 5.4.45-0+deb7u14Test

We utilise the Free area for our Test instances and the Paid for the Live and are unable to run the equivalent php code.

Thanks
David
SSLSC
Thanks for reaching out. We have raised and inquiry with the Exetel System Administrators with reference number 14736607. We will follow up and notify you as soon as a response is received.

squeakytown
Posts: 134
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 1:10 pm

Re: Please Update the PHP Version for Paid Hosting

Post by squeakytown » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:11 pm

Hi,

Can I please get an update on this ticket.

The version is still old and I have not received any notification or ETA.

Thanks
Dave

KavindaS
Forum Admin
Posts: 2513
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:59 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Please Update the PHP Version for Paid Hosting

Post by KavindaS » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:17 pm

squeakytown wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:11 pm
Hi,

Can I please get an update on this ticket.

The version is still old and I have not received any notification or ETA.

Thanks
Dave
Hi Dave,

We have received the feedback. They have set-up a new server for new web hosting customers.In that server we are using PHP 7.0.33-0+deb9u3. If you need, they can migrate hosting site to the new server. Therefore, they have informed you to send the request directly by emailing them on hosting@exetel.com.au for further information.

squeakytown
Posts: 134
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 1:10 pm

Re: Please Update the PHP Version for Paid Hosting

Post by squeakytown » Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:14 pm

Thanks,

I would be good if they hosting could supply updates directly to the customer instead of us have ask the forum to get them to respond each time...

The versions makes testing difficult as previously the Free and Paid sites were both at 5.4 allowing Websites to be tested before moving to the Live systems (Standard Change Management).
Now Exetel have moved new Live to 7 - past the Free area created a no win situation for testing.

Is the Free area being upgrade to 7 to match?

Dave

KavindaS
Forum Admin
Posts: 2513
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:59 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Please Update the PHP Version for Paid Hosting

Post by KavindaS » Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:43 pm

squeakytown wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:14 pm
Thanks,

I would be good if they hosting could supply updates directly to the customer instead of us have ask the forum to get them to respond each time...

The versions makes testing difficult as previously the Free and Paid sites were both at 5.4 allowing Websites to be tested before moving to the Live systems (Standard Change Management).
Now Exetel have moved new Live to 7 - past the Free area created a no win situation for testing.

Is the Free area being upgrade to 7 to match?

Dave
Hi Dave,

That is why you have been asked to directly email them, so they can answer all your queries, prior to the changes suggested.

Post Reply