Advertised Shaping Limitations Oversight?

Queries, errors or glitches regarding Exetel's public web site
Ravenous

Advertised Shaping Limitations Oversight?

Post by Ravenous » Fri May 21, 2010 11:39 pm

Potential oversight with web site advertised shaping limitations for the ADSL2 Plans and has been pointed out by Poseidon here.
... according to the ADSL2 plan offers made by Exetel on their web site this week (both for members and the public), the 50% limitation on shaping SPECIFICALLY applies to the AA plans only as there is absolutely no reference made to any 50% limitation or quota for shaping under the OT or ON plans on either the PUBLIC page or the Members PLAN CHANGE page.

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff

Re: Advertised Shaping Limitations Oversight?

Post by ForumAdmin » Sun May 23, 2010 11:41 am

I've asked a sysadmin to reply.

Tazz

Post by Tazz » Sun May 23, 2010 12:06 pm

Also, on the ADSL1 plan pages for new users it says
+ The standard setting is shaped.
Shaped means that you are allowed to continue downloading at a slowed speed up to a level of 50% of your plan’s included downloads. After reaching that limit your access is blocked until midnight on the first day of the next month. This block page also gives you the option of continuing to download by selecting a permanent change to the next higher plan in the plan range.
+ You also have the ability, once on the plan, to permanently switch to pay for excess at 50 cents per gb.
But in the members area in the "change my service" section it doesn't have this, is paying 50c for excess not available to current customers changing their ADSL1 plan?

Shady

Post by Shady » Tue May 25, 2010 11:27 am

Hi Guys,

This is being looked into.

Lawrie

Post by Lawrie » Tue May 25, 2010 3:28 pm

Rather strangely, the mechanism for making these changes can be found on the "View My Service Details" rather than the "Change My Service" page.
(or it is in my case for my Z/20INCTEL ADSL2 service anyway)

Lawrie

Shady

Post by Shady » Tue May 25, 2010 3:56 pm

Lawrie wrote:Rather strangely, the mechanism for making these changes can be found on the "View My Service Details" rather than the "Change My Service" page.
(or it is in my case for my Z/20INCTEL ADSL2 service anyway)

Lawrie
This is where it's placed. It will probably move back to "Change My Service" soon.