Flash login page

Queries, errors or glitches regarding Exetel's public web site
oliverbock

Flash login page

Post by oliverbock » Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:08 pm

Is it still 2005? Do you really still need the cheesy Flash login screen? If the answer is yes, could you make it so it understands that ENTER means I want to log in?

Shady

Re: Flash login page

Post by Shady » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:43 am

I don't see what the problem is. The flash is lightweight (about 100kb). A 56k modem will load it in seconds.

I've tested the login with numerous accounts and it all seems to work fine. Perhaps try clearing the cache of your browser?

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:19 am

I can also confirm the hitting "Enter" does not register as though you clicked on "Login" (using both Chrome and IE).

Also, I don't think the OP was concerned about size, but "chessiness". But to the OP: this question has been raised many times before and for better or worse, the Flash intro is here to stay.

You can, however, bookmark http://www.exetel.com.au/index_alt.php to overcomes both your concerns.
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

Shady

Post by Shady » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:41 am

CoreyPlover wrote:I can also confirm the hitting "Enter" does not register as though you clicked on "Login" (using both Chrome and IE).
I'm looking into this.

Franpa

Post by Franpa » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:52 am

Issue still present.
Windows 10 Pro x64 | Ryzen 3700X | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Gamer 1070Ti 8GB | Exetel ZTE H268 Modem

https://www.speedtest.net/result/8729259527 (during low neighbourhood congestion)

dsc68

Post by dsc68 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:54 pm

I'll also complain that the flash login page doesn't work with any password safe programs - the ones that allow you to store super secure password and automatically fill in login credentials if you know the master password.

I'm also amazed that an Internet company whose only presence is on the web has a home page that doesn't even say what the company does. If it wasn't for knowing different from being a customer, I would have said that Exetel was a wildlife rescue service run by Australian Geographic.

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:12 pm

This subject has become a dead horse by now, and is not worth starting up again. These things were raised at length when the Flash page was introduced. Exetel did the right thing by those of us with strong reservations about Flash (including me), and provided an alternative all-html home page at http://www.exetel.com.au/index_alt.php. My details are handled by Opera's "wand" (html form filler) and also by my secure keyring.

The emblems for "awards" varies from time to time. As to the lack of an indication of what the business is about, that seems to be de rigeur for Flash sites at the moment.

You could also look at https://www.exetel.com.au/login/index.php

tin

Post by tin » Wed May 18, 2011 2:04 pm

Does it matter that much if enter doesn't work to log in? I mean half the time attempting to log in doesn't work anyway :mrgreen:

Seriously though, I also find it frustrating that it doesn't work when you press enter - I often sit for about 10-15 seconds for even noticing nothing's happening.
The above post is copyright, may be edited at any time, and should not be taken internally. Any breach of these terms may result in legal action or a sore tummy.

thejeg

Post by thejeg » Thu May 19, 2011 2:48 am

tin wrote:Does it matter that much if enter doesn't work to log in? I mean half the time attempting to log in doesn't work anyway :mrgreen:

Seriously though, I also find it frustrating that it doesn't work when you press enter - I often sit for about 10-15 seconds for even noticing nothing's happening.
Let me see if we can enable that feature so you can just enter username / password >>> Hit enter BANG your inside member facility :D

thejeg

Post by thejeg » Thu May 19, 2011 3:08 pm

thejeg wrote:
tin wrote:Does it matter that much if enter doesn't work to log in? I mean half the time attempting to log in doesn't work anyway :mrgreen:

Let me see if we can enable that feature so you can just enter username / password >>> Hit enter BANG your inside member facility :D
As per the discussions I had with the developer team.. This can be done.

But since this is not a major issue (just an improvement) This will be looked in to when the next Website functionality checks takes place.