Where are the links to....

Queries, errors or glitches regarding Exetel's public web site
Conduit

Where are the links to....

Post by Conduit » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:26 pm

Agents around the country ? Wireless broadband pre-paid plans ?

I had a friend phone today asking for recommendations re. a decent W.B. service provider , no worries said I , I'll send some links to Exetel's pre-paid plans and how to find the agent in your area ( Rockhampton Qld in her case )

On the home page there is a button for 'Agent' , THAT would be a very good place to have links to FINDING agents , not just signing them up. Not just for wireless plans either ofcourse.

Most people wouldn't know a modem from a hard drive let alone how to set anything up , If Exetel wants new customers you have to make it EASY and yet I see the site is less user friendly than it was .

I'm trying to get Exetel a new customer here , even if pre-paid has been dropped she may still go for post-paid , but without a local agent to supply and setup for her , quite frankly there will be no sale , no new customer.

Here's a tip - get each and every Exetel staff member to try and get a friend or acquaintance with low levels of I.T. experience to navigate Exetels website with a view to ( theoretically ) signing up . Note the problems and then modify the website to make it easier for them.

Key words to remember if you want to increase your customer base - USER FRIENDLY.

regards , Gordon

JamesR

Re: Where are the links to....

Post by JamesR » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:37 pm

Hi Gordon,

Agents around Australia can be found under Residential > On Site Services (a little ambiguous, I know) or at http://www.exetel.com.au/agents_search.php. You can also request your local agent's information from Exetel by contacting them directly.

It doesn't seem that there are pre-paid wireless broadband plans on site from my quick glance a moment ago - someone from Exetel should reply here to confirm, if not, residentialsales@exetel.com.au is your best bet for sales information and enquiries.

Post-paid wireless broadband options are available at http://www.exetel.com.au/residential-hspa-pricing.php.
Regards,

JamesR
Customer since 2005