Business plans

Queries, errors or glitches regarding Exetel's public web site
tin

Business plans

Post by tin » Tue May 17, 2011 8:40 am

We're currently using Telstra for phones and Westnet for internet at work. We're now looking at ditching Westnet (we're a reseller who's just been told their more or less dropping reseller agencies), and Exetel's business plans look good... But I do want to clarify some stuff...

So we're all on the same page - http://www.exetel.com.au/business_plan_ ... urrent.php

* The talk of line rental under the plans - is it a requirement to have the phone with Exetel for these plans?
* They mention DNS hosting and web hosting - are we able to host our "real" (ie www.ourcompany.com.au) website using this or is the hosting included directory based free hosting like the residential plans?
* The "new user" business ADSL page says 6 IP addresses and 1GB web hosting, but the "current user"/churn page links to an inclusions page saying 60MB web hosting and 1 static IP. The churn page also says "All plans include 1 static IP" at the bottom of the page. Is the new user page correct and the churn page simply behind in some updates?

I'm hoping to get the boss to switch us to Exetel this week, but I want to be sure about the inclusions before I say anything.
The above post is copyright, may be edited at any time, and should not be taken internally. Any breach of these terms may result in legal action or a sore tummy.

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff

Re: Business plans

Post by ForumAdmin » Tue May 17, 2011 12:19 pm

tin wrote:We're currently using Telstra for phones and Westnet for internet at work. We're now looking at ditching Westnet (we're a reseller who's just been told their more or less dropping reseller agencies), and Exetel's business plans look good... But I do want to clarify some stuff...

So we're all on the same page - http://www.exetel.com.au/business_plan_ ... urrent.php

1) The talk of line rental under the plans - is it a requirement to have the phone with Exetel for these plans?
2)They mention DNS hosting and web hosting - are we able to host our "real" (ie http://www.ourcompany.com.au) website using this or is the hosting included directory based free hosting like the residential plans?
3)The "new user" business ADSL page says 6 IP addresses and 1GB web hosting, but the "current user"/churn page links to an inclusions page saying 60MB web hosting and 1 static IP. The churn page also says "All plans include 1 static IP" at the bottom of the page. Is the new user page correct and the churn page simply behind in some updates?

I'm hoping to get the boss to switch us to Exetel this week, but I want to be sure about the inclusions before I say anything.
1) No - but Exetel offers lower cost phone rental than any other provider.

2) Yes

3) 1 static IP

tin

Re: Business plans

Post by tin » Wed May 18, 2011 2:01 pm

OK, I thought I replied about this yesterday but must have got distracted...

I'm just curious (since this really doesn't effect me - we only need one IP and not much else) as to why new signups have:
* Domain Name Hosting
* Web site hosting (up to 1 gb)
* Email hosting (up to 30 email addresses)
* /29 IP Range (6 usable IP addresses)
* Send SMS for 5 cents via your email
* Send a ten page FAX for 5 cents via your email
* Support 8.30 am to 11.00 pm 7 days a week including public holidays
* ‘Rolls Royce’ User Facilities that allow you to control all aspects of your services

But churns/existing connections only get:
* 15 Email Addresses
* A Webmail Account For Each Email Address
* 60 Megabytes of Personal Web Space
* One Static IP Address
* Secure User Facilities

Seems odd to me that they have the same plan ID code, and at first glance the only difference is the line activation charge (as you would expect with a churn vs new).
The above post is copyright, may be edited at any time, and should not be taken internally. Any breach of these terms may result in legal action or a sore tummy.