Page 1 of 1

Shortcuts for mobile usage don't work

Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:49 pm
by Mort
Howdy,

If I go in to view my mobile phone usage and add the page as a shortcut to my home screen, clicking that shortcut link returns a page with "You cannot view your telephone record."

I thought I had raised this issue before, but I can't find the post if I did...

Re: Shortcuts for mobile usage don't work

Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:12 pm
by stevecJ
Mort wrote:Howdy,

If I go in to view my mobile phone usage and add the page as a shortcut to my home screen, clicking that shortcut link returns a page with "You cannot view your telephone record."

I thought I had raised this issue before, but I can't find the post if I did...
Hi,

Could you please PM me your service number, so I could check on this for you :?:

Re: Shortcuts for mobile usage don't work

Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:36 am
by stevecJ
Hi,

We have already escalated this to the relevant department and we will provide you an update once available.

Ticket ID: 6667208

Re: Shortcuts for mobile usage don't work

Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:13 am
by Mort
Thanks,

I just realised I posted this in the Web Site forum instead of members facilities. Feel free to move if you wish.

I've also PM'd you a different "example" mobile which is my number instead of my wifes if you need to call me again.

Re: Shortcuts for mobile usage don't work

Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:25 am
by stevecJ
Mort wrote:Thanks,

I just realised I posted this in the Web Site forum instead of members facilities. Feel free to move if you wish.

I've also PM'd you a different "example" mobile which is my number instead of my wifes if you need to call me again.
No worries.

i Got the PM. I will update the mobile number in the ticket :)

Re: Shortcuts for mobile usage don't work

Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:24 pm
by stevecJ
Hi,

This is now fixed. Usage shot cuts in the members login is now working fine.

Re: Shortcuts for mobile usage don't work

Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:09 pm
by Mort
Not really working how I would have expected.

If I had a shortcut to a Call Summary page, then the shortcut actually just goes to the page with the drop-down selection for services rather than directly to the mobile service summary.

Not really something I'm that worried about, just pointing it out coz it's not doing what I thought it should be doing.

Re: Shortcuts for mobile usage don't work

Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:37 pm
by stevecJ
Mort wrote:Not really working how I would have expected.

If I had a shortcut to a Call Summary page, then the shortcut actually just goes to the page with the drop-down selection for services rather than directly to the mobile service summary.

Not really something I'm that worried about, just pointing it out coz it's not doing what I thought it should be doing.
HI,

Thank you for the suggestion, We will forward it to our development team and check the possibilities of changing it.

Re: Shortcuts for mobile usage don't work

Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:57 pm
by Dazzled
The form request for the information has "method=post". This makes it difficult to bookmark. "Get" requests are encoded in the URL and are easily handled as browser bookmarks.

Re: Shortcuts for mobile usage don't work

Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:08 pm
by Mort
Dazzled wrote:The form request for the information has "method=post". This makes it difficult to bookmark. "Get" requests are encoded in the URL and are easily handled as browser bookmarks.
If the final response is "Working as designed, no fix planned" then that's fine. I just raise it as a "not working as expected" behaviour for the shortcut functionality provided by the website code.