Mobile service description on small business

Queries, errors or glitches regarding Exetel's public web site
Mort

Mobile service description on small business

Post by Mort » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:29 pm

On the Home page with the 3x3 grid of services:

Hover over the Residential mobile product and it describes the Optus 4G service covering 98% of Australia
Hover over the Small Business mobile product and it still mentions 3G only plans, and coverage of 97%

Scott.
As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: Mobile service description on small business

Post by Dazzled » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:57 pm

Considering the crude measurements involved, I would think that both value statements are equivalent.

96% is probably true as well. Perhaps an error range and probability should have been quoted. I suspect though, that we are seeing simple rounding up in one map, done by the programmer.

Or are you referring to 3G v 4G for similar values? Or a mixture of both?

Mort

Post by Mort » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:22 pm

I was referring to the fact that there are no 3G SIM only plans available anymore, and that the small business description doesn't appear to have been updated to reflect the 4G offering, and that the coverage claim (for the same network) also hasn't been updated...

I'm not questioning if the coverage claim is accurate or not, I'm just flagging an inconsistency on the web site that I thought someone might want to fix up...
As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

Bellag
Exetel Staff

Post by Bellag » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:06 pm

The current small business mobile page has been updated with the 4G offerings:

http://www.exetel.com.au/business-mobile-plans_4G.php

Mort

Post by Mort » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:13 pm

hovering over the small business "Mobile" link on the main page with your mouse still shows the old 97%, 3G text.

Bellag
Exetel Staff

Post by Bellag » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:20 pm

Thank you for the feedback. We will get this updated as soon as possible.