Where are the network graphs?

Queries, errors or glitches regarding Exetel's public web site
mikesander

Re: Where are the network graphs?

Post by mikesander » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:10 pm

Fair enough if Exetel doesn't wish to publish MRTG charts on their own proprietary backhauls.

Would it be also then fair to ask if you could please comment on the SMH Netflix article. We have also experienced a (anecdotal nonetheless) slowdown in recent days/week or two, with no other explanation over the past decade. (I've been with Exetel since month 3 of their operation in 2004), in NSW then in WA.

Cheers
Mike

thejeg

Post by thejeg » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:41 pm

mikesander wrote:Fair enough if Exetel doesn't wish to publish MRTG charts on their own proprietary backhauls.

Would it be also then fair to ask if you could please comment on the SMH Netflix article. We have also experienced a (anecdotal nonetheless) slowdown in recent days/week or two, with no other explanation over the past decade. (I've been with Exetel since month 3 of their operation in 2004), in NSW then in WA.

Cheers
Mike
Hi Mike,

Best thing for you to do is to send me an email with your details and I will get this investigated as an individual case...

You may also reach me directly on the following number.

Regards,

Theje Gunatilake
Manager - Technical Support - Residential, SMB and Partner Services
Phone: Direct: +61 2 8030 2024

ericb

Post by ericb » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:41 pm

You can see more graphs peered through IX NSW by double-clicking on a graph. This gives daily, weekly, monthly and yearly loads, with different time averaging. The Exetel graphs can be reached directly:

http://monitor.nsw.ix.asn.au/cacti/grap ... aph_id=352

The effect of Netflix and perhaps other SVODs especially on Exetel is obvious in week 13. Like mikesander my internet has slowed down - preliminary speed tests show an approximate halving of download speeds in the evening, with ABC iview being practically inaccessible (but this could be just iview). I will do more tests and if the problem persists I will submit a ticket.

mikesander

Post by mikesander » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:19 pm

Best thing for you to do is to send me an email with your details and I will get this investigated as an individual case...
Hi Thejug,

I did indeed message you on the forums on April 28th, no reply as yet.

Can you please reply if you have followed this up.

Many thanks
Mike

thejeg

Post by thejeg » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:52 pm

mikesander wrote:
Hi Thejug,

I did indeed message you on the forums on April 28th, no reply as yet.

Can you please reply if you have followed this up.

Many thanks
Mike
Hi mike,

You will receive a response through 9159451