Service Number Login has no Reset Password option

Queries, errors or glitches regarding Exetel's public web site
Franpa

Service Number Login has no Reset Password option

Post by Franpa » Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:27 pm

The login screen on the forum requesting a Service Number provides no link to a Password Reset/Recovery system. Also if you enter the wrong password there is no error message or any indication that you've entered a wrong password/username.

I have to go to My Exetel's Login screen to reset the password associated with the service number.
Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel i7 920 @ 3.6GHz | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 24GB DDR3 1520MHz RAM | MSI Gamer 1070Ti 8GB | Integrated Sound Card | Corsair AX760 Platinum Power Supply | Exetel ZTE H268 Modem

Sumudu D
Exetel Staff

Re: Service Number Login has no Reset Password option

Post by Sumudu D » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:58 pm

Hi Franpa,
Franpa wrote:The login screen on the forum requesting a Service Number provides no link to a Password Reset/Recovery system. Also if you enter the wrong password there is no error message or any indication that you've entered a wrong password/username.

I have to go to My Exetel's Login screen to reset the password associated with the service number.
Your query seems somewhat unclear. But we would provide you with a general answer on this.

if it's the matter of forum login, If you can not remember the password it does allow you to reset it through following option available on the forum login page, "I forgot my password". Clicking on this directs you to enter your username and the email address. This send an email to your inbox to reset the current password and enter a new password.

If it comes to the members facility. you get the password reset link by clicking the following link available on the members facility login page "Oh dear! What’s my Username or Password again?" You may have to insert the settings requested on the fields in order for the process to complete.

Hope this clarifies your query. If not kindly elaborate further on the problem.

Cheers.. :)

Franpa

Post by Franpa » Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:29 pm

When I want to make a new topic or reply to an existing topic on the Forum I will first need to log in to the Forum. The first time I log in I see a Username/Password form (Can easily reset the password associated with username via the Log In screen). When I go to actually make a new Topic or Reply it will show a Service Number/Password form, this form lacks a means of resetting the password associated with the Service Number (I must unintuitively do this via My Exetel website).
Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel i7 920 @ 3.6GHz | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 24GB DDR3 1520MHz RAM | MSI Gamer 1070Ti 8GB | Integrated Sound Card | Corsair AX760 Platinum Power Supply | Exetel ZTE H268 Modem

Kumudh

Post by Kumudh » Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:55 pm

Franpa wrote:When I want to make a new topic or reply to an existing topic on the Forum I will first need to log in to the Forum. The first time I log in I see a Username/Password form (Can easily reset the password associated with username via the Log In screen). When I go to actually make a new Topic or Reply it will show a Service Number/Password form, this form lacks a means of resetting the password associated with the Service Number (I must unintuitively do this via My Exetel website).
Hi Franpa,

The Exetel forum login is mainly used for interaction between users. To post a topic you need to have a Exetel service. This is the reason the for the second login page. When you have a service you would be given a MyEtel login. This needs to be used here. This can only be reset only via the mail Exetel page.

This is as designed.
Last edited by Kumudh on Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Franpa

Post by Franpa » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:23 pm

I understand why there is the second login screen, I don't understand why there is no "reset password" URL on that second login page though.

angelos
Exetel Staff

Post by angelos » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:55 am

Franpa wrote:I understand why there is the second login screen, I don't understand why there is no "reset password" URL on that second login page though.
As my colleague advised, you need to use the MyExetel log in credentials here. Why this is not displayed here is because in order to reset the MyExetel password you will need to be logged in to MyExetel or you will need to call Support.

Franpa

Post by Franpa » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:19 pm

Well, could you add a link to My Exetel on the Service Number login page?

Amila Fernando
Forum Admin

Post by Amila Fernando » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:23 pm

Franpa wrote:Well, could you add a link to My Exetel on the Service Number login page?
Unfortunately that feature is not available at the moment and that how it is designed
To Log a fault ticket, please click click here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

=================
Exetel Support Portal
=================